The Letter

Shikarei,

If you're getting this, then I'm gone. I'm dead. Either the sickness got me, or Sasuke did. The course of life has come to a stop. I don't know how many times I could possibly say I'm dead to you. I know that you're trying to deny it. You're probably getting pretty angry too. Shikarei, you're predictable like that (or at least you are to me).

For my whole life, I've seen death after death, for a while in my childhood I used to believe there was only death... until Sasuke was born, that is. That's when I met life. Even after then, I used to wonder if we all just live to die.

But working with you helped dispose that thought. You taught me that we live for everything. For family. For friends. For work. For life. For each other. Cringy, huh?

Shikarei, you weren't my first love. I think you knew that. But you were definitely my last and always will. I love you; I love you a lot and I love Himari too.

I wish Himari could've had the family she deserves, so I should probably say that it's time that you move on from me. There's nothing for us together, there was, but there's not any longer. You deserve to be happy, and I know that I'm the one that's stopping you from becoming happy. So, forget me.

If Sasuke killed me, then I don't want you to hate him. If anything, I want you to help him. He needs the help, but I'm fairly certain he wouldn't have killed me. You see, I've been lying. My sickness... It is really, really bad now, seems I'm a great actor. So, I'm sorry for that.

I lied. I promised I wouldn't. But I did.

I probably collapsed in front of Sasuke, making sure to keep my act of wanting his eyes up at all times. He won't know the truth yet. Someone will get to him and try to manipulate him, tell him half the truth so if I don't get to tell him at all and he's still on a bad path, I want you to tell him everything from start to finish.

Bring him home.

When Himari grows up, there's another letter for her. When she's... 16 give it to her.

I'm sorry, Shikarei.

I love you...

- Itachi