||11||

I was running through the village.

I was previously sat with Itachi and Ren.

Now I'm not.

Obviously.

Ma is in hospital.

"I'm here to see Yoshino Nara!" I basically shouted at the lady behind the desk. She recognises me and beckons me to follow her. She leads me to a room where ma is lying, Pa is next to her, sat on a stool and looking at her.

"Pa!" I shouted, entering the room. He looks up. I frown, he's holding something.

"Shikarei, come and meet your little brother, Shikamaru," he looks down at the baby in his arms like he could just melt by looking at the child.

"Shikamaru?" I repeated. He nodded and patted the stool next to him. I sat down and looked at the little boy in his arms.

"Do you want to hold him?" Pa asked. I shied away.

"I'll drop him!" I shook my head, Pa just laughed.

"You'll be fine," he gives me Shikamaru who opens his eyes curiously at me as I cautiously hold him. I feel like I could break him. It's scary.

Suddenly he started giggling at me. I tilted my head.

"Why is he laughing?" I asked Pa, he just shrugged as ma started to wake up. He held her hand and she just silently watched.

"Introduce yourself to him," Pa tells me. I blinked a few times. But he doesn't understand me? Or are babies intelligent enough to understand?

"Uh- ok... Hello Shikamaru, I'm Shikarei, your big sister. I'll always look after you little brother," I spoke to Shikamaru who in turn just squealed out a laugh and started reaching for my face, instead I just gently grabbed his hand. It was so small that my own small hands just ate his up. He noticed it too because he started holding one of my knuckles with his free hand, as if he was measuring them against each other.

Releasing his hand, I watch as his hands grab one of my fingers and started staring up at me with his giant brown orbs of wonder.

"You two look like quite the pair," ma finally spoke up, I looked at her with a frown.

"Do you want him?" I asked her, she nodded so I stood up and gave her the baby. He just cried so she passed him to father, and he didn't silence so he passed him back to me, Shikamaru shut up straight away.

"I feel like I just got rejected," Pa muttered.

"Now you know how I felt when Shikarei was born," Ma hit him lightly as I sighed and moved to the couch, lying down and watching as my little brother just laid on my chest and stared at me as I stared back down.

This is unfamiliar to me.

All I've seen is death and destruction, never have I seen such a face of cuteness. Especially one that looks so similar to me.

°🥢°
4 months later_

I'm sat in the garden, under the one weirdly present tree with Shikamaru on my lap.

"Shikarei!" I heard ma call, "Choro, Inoiché, Ren and Itachi are here!"

The four come in with their younger siblings in their arms.

First Ren's little sister, Sakura was born 10 months ago, then it was Choro's little brother, Choji, 8 months ago, then it was Itachi's little brother, Sasuke, 6 months ago, then Shikamaru, 4 months ago, then finally Inoiché's little sister, Ino, 4 months ago as well. Actually, she was born a day after Shikamaru. They were visiting Ma when Inoiché's mum's water broke.

Not only that but Tsume sensei had her little boy, Kiba, also 6 months ago, 16 days before Sasuke.

It was so weird how so many people I knew all had babies around the same time.

They sit across from me and Shikamaru sits up from the way he was lying and looked at them curiously before grabbing my hands and forcing me to hold him like Choro was with Choji.

"Afternoon," I greeted them all with a yawn.

"Were you seriously just sleeping?" Ren asked, he was going to nag me for sleeping while watching over Shikamaru.

"We were both sleeping," I corrected him, dragging out 'we' so he couldn't nag, "actually Shikamaru fell asleep first, I didn't expect to fall asleep, I was just watching the clouds and then I wasn't."

Inoiché and Choro just snickered while Itachi smiled with closed eyes and a calm aura. Ren looked angry but he softened up when Sakura started giggling at Ino.

"I think they'll be friends in the future," I noted out loud, Inoiché and Ren looked at me before looking at their sisters and nodding.

"Most likely," Ren nodded. I felt something poke my cheek and look down to see Shikamaru was poking my cheek. I raised a brow at him in amusement.

"What?" I asked him as he kept poking my cheek. Before he fell back, I swept him off his slightly standing position and sat him on my shoulders.

"Is that what you wanted?" I asked him as I felt him patting the top of my head before resting his own on top of mine.

"He's literally just a double of you," Itachi muttered.

"Weird isn't it?" I asked him, agreeing with what he was saying.

What we mean is Shikamaru is literally just me. He sees me do something and then does it himself. Like he saw Pa put me on his shoulders and then ever since then he's been wanting me to do that to him. I would just sleep on the sofa or outside, then so would Shikamaru. If I just stared up into the sky, watching the clouds, so did he.

Now that I think about it, he's like my mini shadow. It's adorable.

"He fell asleep quickly," Inoiché pointed out, leaning forward and poking Shikamaru lightly in the forehead. Shikamaru didn't wake up though.

"He's definitely a Nara with that deep sleeping right there," Choro nodded to himself as Choji pulled on the two longer sections of his hair, "ow-- Choji! Stop it!"