||66||

"Wake uwp!" a small voice shouted as someone shook me, I groaned and turned to see Himari.

"I'm awake, Hima, I'm awake," I smiled a little, looking past her to the clock, "why are you waking me up at 2am?"

"I had a nightmware," she replied, I looked up at her to see her cheeks were red and her eyes were puffy. I sighed and opened up my bedsheets.

"Come on," I patted the bed beside me, she grinned and laid down next to me. She snuggled into me, and the laws of the universe told me that I'm never allowed to move because my daughter looks so precious right now.

"I lwuve you, Mommy," she whispered, I wrapped my arms around her and hugged her.

"I love you too, baby," I whispered back before finally falling back to sleep.

°🥢°

"Shikarei," I turned to see Ren in the doorway.

"Morning, pinkie," I greeted him, and he sat on the bed beside myself and Himari.

"Morning to you too, my beautiful niece," he picked Himari up and placed her on his knee, "message from Crow."

He passed me a piece of paper folded up.

"Do you want braids, Himari?" he turned his attention to the dark-haired child on his knee who nodded enthusiastically.

I unfolded the paper and read the note:

'Shikarei,
I know this may be difficult, but I was hoping that you and Himari may... Be able to come out. I'd love to meet her person to person and see too as well!

I'll be near the hidden snow in three days' time, alone too, Kisame is doing a rare partnering with Hidan and Kakuzu. I have a week off, thank heavens. I hope to see you both.
- Itachi'

"Oh look at that, I just suddenly got a giant urge to go and introduce Himari to Ruan Li," I smiled. Ren smiled back.

"Who's Ruan, Mommy?" Himari asked.

"She's a lovely woman that I met a while ago, you'll love her," I replied before getting up, "mind watching Hima while I go to Tsuna really quick?"

"I don't mind," Ren nodded, "I'll take her out for the day."

"Don't spoil her too much or I'll never get her to sleep tonight," I warned, he nodded, "see you."

"Bye, Mommy," Himari waved at me as I left, Shikamaru walked into me (literally) as I walked into the living room.

"Good morning to you too, Shika," I greeted him with a small laugh.

"Good morning, sorry about that," he apologised, "where are you going?"

"Tsunade," I replied, "and you? You were speeding through here like some kind of shadow was chasing you."

"Very funny," he shook his head, "I was actually coming to you. Lady Tsunade is summoning you."

"Perfect timing, Ren is looking after Himari today so don't worry about her," I told him before waving, "see you later."

"Bye!" he shouted back as I left the house.

°🥢°

"Hey, Tsunade," I walked into Tsunade's office, she looked up from her pile of paperwork and glared.

"Would it kill you to use my title?" she asked, "respect is key."

"I do respect you," I replied, "but not enough to use titles."

She gave me a fake smile before throwing a piece of paper at me.

"What's this?"

"A letter from Lady Ruan Li," she replied bitterly, I rolled my eyes and looked at it.

"Two letters in one day, aren't I popular?" I mumbled sarcastically before reading it:

'Shikarei,
It's been a while since we last met, so I was hoping for you and your team to come and visit. We'd be happy to have you all. I'll expect a reply.
- Lady Ruan Li'

She expects a reply, hm?

.
.
.

Well, I should probably get to writing that reply.

"What did she say?" Tsunade asked.

"She invited me, Inoiché, Ren and Choro over to the snow," I replied, "that was actually the reason I had come here other than you wanting me, which is pretty convenient."

She frowned.

"I don't think it's a good time," Tsunade shook her head.

"You're mad right?" I asked her, "at least let me go with Himari. I want to allow her to see some of the world before it goes bottom up."

"You've got attitude, you know that right?"

"Oh, I know, and I wear my attitude with pride," I replied, "now what do you say, I'll leave Inoiché, Choro and Ren behind and I won't even whisper the idea that they were invited. Just let me and Himari go."

"Take Ren with you," she gives me an unamused face, "and Himari obviously. I'll give you this week, I expect you back in this village on Saturday."

"You'll see us on Saturday," I replied, "see you later, thanks for this!"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," she waved me off, I just rolled my eyes and left the office.

I should find Ren and Himari and have them pack their bags, well, have Ren pack his bags and I'll pack mine and Himari's while she runs circles around me shouting about how excited she is to meet Ruan.