Twenty Nine

The next day when I pulled into the school parking lot all of my friends were in a tightly knit group. I jogged up to them, curious to see what was going on. Tia turned at the sound of my feet hitting the pavement, "Aly's here!" The next thing I know, I was being tackled into a hug by a large mass dressed in black.
"Um....? Hi?" I struggled to say.
The black mass just squeezed me tighter and I was struggling to breathe. I hit them, trying to signal that I was being squeezed to death and they let go. The black mass turned out to be Jungkook.
"Sorry Aly. Too tight?"
"Yeah... WAYYYY too tight..." I gasped.
Jimin lightly smacked the back of Jungkook's head, "Could you please not suffocate my girlfriend? I do like her being alive you know."
Jungkook smiled sheepishly while Jimin patted my back.
"So why was I being squeezed to death exactly?" I asked JK.
"Oh, Jimin told us you met with your dad yesterday."
I looked over at Jimin, slightly irritated that he told everyone my personal business. I wasn't ready to tell everyone what happened yet.
"He didn't tell us what happened! He just said that you met with him! That's all! I promise," Jungkook added when he saw me staring at Jimin.
"I wouldn't tell them what happened without your permission. That's up to you," Jimin whispered in my ear.

I smiled at him and gave him a quick peck on the cheek.
"Thank you."
"You shouldn't have to thank me for keeping your secrets."
"Still. Thank you."
He rolled his eyes and wrapped his arm around my shoulders.
"So what were y'all talking about before I walked up?" I asked the group.
"Do you notice anything different?" Jungkook asked.
"Um....no?"
"What about now," he said while pushing up his sleeves.
I stared at his arms for a moment, "You have arms?"
He stared at me for a while and then it clicked. "YOU GOT YOUR CAST OFF!!!!!!!"
He gave me a silly smile and I ran towards him, giving him a hug.
"When did you get it off?!"
"Saturday!"
"And you didn't think to text the groupchat?? How rude," I exclaimed.
"I wanted to surprise everyone! And it looks like it worked."
"Ah, this kid! I can't believe you didn't tell me! I'm your favorite!"
"Uh, actually I'm his favorite," Taehyung said.
"You're my favorite girl, Aly. Tae is my favorite guy," Jungkook teased.
"HEY!" Tia exclaimed, "There's only two of us girls! And you choose Aly to be your favorite!? You've known me longer!"
"Yeah, but Aly calls me her little brother. You don't."
"Touché."

"I'm honestly quite offended. I should be everyone's favorite guy," Jin said from the back of the group. "I cook for everyone and am so handsome."
"Yeah, but Taehyung is handsome too," Jungkook replied.
Taehyung blushed slightly and smiled, "Thanks Kookie."
I looked over at JK curiously, wondering if maybe he returned Tae's feelings. Or, maybe feelings.
Jin put his arm around Tia, "I guess we'll just be second best together."
"Speak for yourself," she said while blushing slightly. I was expecting her to shrug his arm off, but she didn't. Tia wasn't one for physical affection, so this was new. I glanced at Jimin who had noticed as well. He raised his eyebrows slightly and I grabbed his hand, leading everyone into the school. What was even more surprising, Tia let Jin keep his arm around her while we walked into school.

As our group split up to go to our classes, I linked my arm with Tia's.
"Uh...what are you doing," she asked while unlinking our arms.
"Seeing what your reaction would be to physical touch with slight affection."
"Why?"
"Because you either suddenly started liking physical affection or you like Jin. And it obviously isn't the former of the two, considering you immediately unlinked our arms."
"What are you talking about," she asked while sitting down at her desk.
"I'm talking about how you let Jin put his arm around you."
"So?"
"So...I think you have a crush on him."
"You're crazy," she snorted.
"Am I? Because you cringe away from any and all physical touch. But when Jin put his arm around you, you blushed. And you didn't brush him off like I was expecting you to. And you let him keep his arm around you until we split to go to our classes," I said matter-of-factly.
"I...fine. Maybe I like him a little. So what," she said while fiddling with her pen.
"I think you should go for it," I said with a grin.
"No."
"Why not??"
"He doesn't feel the same way. Today is the first day we've talked in forever outside of the groupchat. He obviously thinks of me as an acquaintance."
"What if he's just shy?"
She snorted, "Shy??? Kim Seokjin? You're funny. The boy is the furthest thing from shy."
"I don't know Tia. I think there's more to him than what meets the eye."
"Yeah. Sure. The crush will go away on its own eventually. It's nothing."
I sighed and shook my head. She was so stubborn.

During second I asked Yoongi to trade seats with me so I could sit next to Jin. He looked at me like I was insane, but he did it.
"So. I talked to Tia," I started.
"Okay. And?"
"And...she likes you."
"Really? Oh my gosh, that's amazing-"
I cut him off, "Don't get excited yet."
"Oh no. What's wrong?"
"She doesn't think you like her. Actually she thinks that you only think of her as an acquaintance."
"What?! But why would she think that?!"
"Be-"
"Maybe it's because you literally don't talk to her except in the groupchat?" Yoongi answered for me.
I nodded, confirming that he was right.
"But...it's just because I don't want to make it awkward between us...and I'm shy with her..."
"I get that Jin. And I suggested to her that maybe you were shy and she snorted."
He sighed and raked his hand through his hair, "So what do I do?"
"That's up to you. But you should start talking to her outside of the groupchat. We leave in three days, maybe you can convince her to ride with you to Galveston? She trusts your driving."
"How am I supposed to do that!"
I shrugged, "Well she's not going to want to ride with me if Jungkook, Tae, and Jimin all come in one car. Maybe you could suggest that we're taking the same groups like when we go to the coffee shop? And just have Hobi, Yoongi, and Joon need to take care of something?"
"Yeah, yeah that could work. Okay. Yeah."

"Yoongi?"
"What?"
"Did you catch that?"
"I'm supposedly riding with Jin but really I'm driving Namjoon and Hobi. Got it."
Namjoon looked over at the three of us, "Am I the only one who bothers paying attention in this class?"
"Yes," the three of us answered simultaneously.
"I'm going to stop taking notes one of these days to teach you lot a lesson," he said while rolling his eyes.
"Yeah right. You love us too much to do that. And if you don't take notes you can't study," I said while batting my eyelashes.
"I'm going to tell Jimin you batted your lashes at me," he threatened.
"And I'll tell him that you threatened my grades and questioned my loyalty to him," I replied.
"You know what... you have an excellent point and I will be taking notes if anyone needs me."
The four of us laughed and I started taking notes with Namjoon.

When lunch finally came around I took a seat in between Tia and Jimin. Jin sat next to Tia, to which she sent a questioning look to me. I waggled my eyebrows and bumped my shoulder against hers. She apparently wasn't braced for me to do that though, as she went crashing into Jin. She shot me a glare and started apologizing to Jin. I saw his ears turn red and I hid the smile that was forming on my lips. They were both a bit awkward with each other, it was almost like watching a baby deer try to walk for the first time. I decided to leave them be and jump into Jimin and Taehyung's conversation.

As the day ended, Jin and Tia seemed to be slightly more comfortable with each other and I felt pretty satisfied with myself. I walked out to our cars with Jimin and Tia, only half listening to what was going on.
"-does that work for you Aly?" Jimin asked.
"Huh?"
"Were you spacing out?"
"Uhhhh yeah...sorry..."
"It's cool. I said, my mom texted me and asked if you could have dinner with us tomorrow."
"Oh. Um yeah. Sure."
"Great! She'll be thrilled."
I didn't respond immediately, feeling my anxiety spike.
"Hey, it's okay. She loves you. And my dad will love you too," he reassured me.
"But she's only met me once! How can we be sure that she likes me? How do we know that once she gets to know me, she won't hate me?"

"Aly. Dude. Chill out. It's just a normal dinner. It's not like you're asking for their blessing for your marriage or something," Tia said with a laugh.
"Tia has a point," Jimin added.
"Okay fine. Maybe I'm overreacting a bit. I'm just nervous. I want them to like me..." I said rather quietly.
"They will," Jimin reassured me.
"But how do you know that?"
"Because I like you. And they see that you make me happy."
I gave him a small smile.
"Okay, ew gross. I'm leaving before y'all start making out or something," Tia said before walking away.

"You're kind of the best. You know that right?" I said to him.
"I've been told," he replied while raking his fingers through his hair.
"Oooh someone's being cocky today," I poked his arm.
"I'm always cocky honey. You just don't realize it because you're blinded by your feelings for me," he joked.
"Oooh is that so? Well I guess you don't need your birthday present from me then."
"NO PLEASE DON'T DO THAT TO ME!"
"I'm kidding, chill. I would never. But for real, I should probably get going."
"Okay, see you tomorrow."
"See you," I said while standing on my tip toes to give him a kiss goodbye.
"Text me later?" I asked him while getting into my car.
"Of course," he said while smiling at me and closing my door.