Twenty One

The weekend came and passed by quickly and it was Monday again. Jungkook came back to school today and I was updating Tia on my date with Jimin. She squealed in delight when I told her that I had kissed him. "So are you guys officially together now?"
"Oh...um, no. Not that I'm aware. I mean he hasn't asked me and I haven't asked him."
"Oh...well maybe he just wants to take you on a few dates first before asking you. You know, like in the old movies!"
"Tia, those movies aren't that old," I laughed.
"Yes they are! Anything made before 2006 is old!"
"Oh my god... I can't with you." We both laughed and tried to focus on our class.

During lunch Jimin sat down beside me and intertwined our fingers loosely. I smiled over at him and he stuck his tongue out.
"What was that for?" I asked. He shrugged before answering, "Just felt like it."
"You're cute," I said while bumping my shoulder into him. He blushed and got shy. God he was too cute when he was being shy. After lunch Jungkook, Tae, and I walked to art together. Ever since Kookie had fallen, Taehyung had barely left his side. He was constantly checking on Jungkook and it looked like he hadn't been sleeping. While JK went to the bathroom, Tae and I sat down in class.
"Tae?"
"Yeah?"
"I know you're worried about Kookie but I think you could be going just slightly overboard. And I know that it's not my place to say that, but I think maybe you should take a day to yourself. You haven't left his side since he got hurt and you look exhausted."
"I know...I just..." he looked down at his hands.
"Tae...look at me."
He lifted his head slowly, "TaeTae, you have to take care of yourself. I understand. You want to make sure he's okay at every second of the day. But how are you supposed to take care of him if you can't take care of yourself? Let someone else look after Kook for a day. We won't let anything happen to him."
"You're right. Thank you Aly. I do need to sleep. Kookie wouldn't want me to put my health at risk for him."
"Exactly."

No sooner had our conversation ended, Jungkook sat down beside us.
"Sooo Aly. Tell us about your date with Jimin," Jungkook said playfully.
I smiled and looked at my lap, "It was great."
"Great?? That's all we get?? Come on! I have a broken arm and all you give us is 'great'?"
"What do you want? A rundown of the whole night?"
"Uh yes?" both JK and Tae answered simultaneously.
"Oh. Okay. Well..." I launched into recapping Friday night and by the end they both looked like they had been on the date themselves.
"That's so romantic," Kook said dreamily.
"I knew what he had planned, but hearing it? Man. He did an amazing job," Tae replied with a smile. He was right, Jimin had done an amazing job. I painted thoughtlessly, just letting my hands do as they please. By the time class was over I actually looked at my work. There were so many bright colors on the canvas that I almost didn't notice the dark colors that were on the edges. Almost as if they were closing in on the bright colors.
"Hey Kookie? Do you mind if I spend the afternoon with you instead of Tae?"
Jungkook looked at me sideways, "That's fine? Why?"
"Oh, I just wanted to hang out...you know. 'Sibling' time," I joked, hoping that he wouldn't see that Taehyung was exhausted.
"That sounds cool. I'd love to spend time with my 'sister' even though I already have a younger one," he replied. I glanced over at Tae who looked like he was half asleep. The poor boy really should put himself first. While Kook was busy adjusting his sling I poked Tae.
"Hey, why don't you just dip out early today? You look dead on your feet."
"No, I'm fine-" he started but a yawn cut him off. I looked at him pointedly. "Okay, you're right."
"I know I am. Now go home, I'll make sure JK gets home okay and doesn't get bored. When I see you tomorrow I expect you to be rested. Okay?"
He nodded and gave me a quick hug. "Kookie, I'm gonna head home for the day. I'll see you tomorrow."
"Oh...okay..."
"Aly," Tae glanced at me "is taking you home. You two can have sibling time or whatever."
"Okay Taehyungie. I'll see you tomorrow?"
"Yeah Kook, I'll see you tomorrow," he said while ruffling Jungkook's hair a bit. Afterwards I told Jungkook that I'd meet him at my car after school and set off to history.