Chapter 19: Manacles, Shackles and Chains

Tyler didn’t show how much damage Creedy had done when he caught and tortured her. It wasn’t in her nature. All three of the boys understood that. But Cas didn’t seem to and he was back in Bobby’s house. He hadn’t accompanied them but he’d stayed to keep an eye on the place and clean up. He had cleaned up the mess Creedy had created when trying to nab Sam but that wasn’t the first thing in Bobby’s mind when he opened the door to find the angel standing there with a questioning glance on his face.

“She is injured again?” Cas asked Bobby as the older man held the door open. Tyler walked through an unreadable expression on her face.

“I’m fine.” She answered snappily.

“She’s anything but fine.” Dean rolled his eyes at her comment.

“Why are her wings visible?” Cas asked as Tyler made her way by him and headed for the couch.

“Symbols on the chains made it impossible for her to pull them back.” Sam answered the angel this time.

“And why have you not removed them then?” Cas asked still confused.

“Because Creedy made sure they weren’t coming off.” Tyler sighed. “So can we get a move on?”

“Yeah I’m coming with the bolt cutters.” Bobby called from the basement. Tyler sat on the sofa and stretched her wings as she cracked her back.

“I have to admit those are pretty damn intimidating.” Sam said as he and Dean watched her from the doorway to Bobby’s kitchen. Dean let out a snort.

“It’s not the wings Sammy. On you or me they might look intimidating but-“ Dean was interrupted.

“But the way she uses them is just terrifying,” Sam finished for him. Tyler was still sitting on the sofa her wings spread like she was stretching them.

“Your wings are white and black.” Cas was saying to her.

“Yes Castiel.” She answered looking at him and licking her lips. She knew what she wanted to say but she wasn’t sure Castiel would help her. He reached out to touch them. Tyler glared at him and pulled her wing away from him until the feathers were brushing the couch and she couldn’t stand it any longer. “Sam where’s the stupid bolt cutters?”

“Bobby’s getting them. Just relax Ty.” Sam said walking over to her. Dean watched his brother with a frown. He could tell Sam was starting to like this girl as something more. But Dean wasn’t so sure about her yet. There was something off about her but he couldn’t figure out what his gut was trying to tell him.

Tyler sighed but her wings drooped to the couch and just laid there. Castiel moved back but his eyes were on Tyler and her wings. It seemed he was curious but he wasn’t sure what to do about it regarding Tyler. Sam and Dean already knew exactly what Cas would do if it was either of them he was curious about. He would flat out ask but with Tyler the angel hadn’t quite figured out what to do yet.

“Alright I got the smallest and toughest pair I could find. But we’re gonna have to be careful all the same.” Bobby said walking into the silent room with a smaller pair of bolt cutters. Sam turned to him and held out his hand.

“I’ll do it Bobby.” Sam told the old hunter. Bobby looked at the younger Winchester for a second before handing the implement over.

“Are you okay with that Tyler?” Bobby asked her.

“Just get them off.” Tyler grumbled not even looking at them as she held one of her hands out.

“Why don’t we start with your feet. Those ones are going to be harder.” Sam said. Tyler shrugged and let her arms clank back into her lap. Sam knelt down in front of her and Tyler bent her foot so he could at least try to get the bolt cutter’s blade underneath one of the cuffs.