Chapter 7: It Takes An Expert

“Hunters bring ‘em here when they need to keep the buggers locked away for awhile until they need information. So I tend to have one or two handy.” Bobby explained. “Tyler not coming with us?” He asked looking back when they reached the bottom of the stairs.

“I do not believe she is.” Cas answered.

“Sam, go keep an eye on her. See if you can get her to sleep any more.” Bobby ordered. Sam didn’t protest at all instead rolling his eyes and walking back up the stairs to find Tyler.

“Tyler!” Sam called when he got back up the stairs. He assumed that Tyler was back in Bobby’s office with a lead or she would be down interrogating the demon. “Ty?” He called again when she didn’t answer.

“In Bobby’s office.” She called as Sam walked through the door to see her bent over another large dusty tome.

“What are you doing?” Sam asked with a small smile.

“More angel research. Just double checking the myths and stuff.” Tyler answered not looking up before she flipped a page. Sam looked over her shoulder to see a picture of a woman with one of the angel swords stabbing a man who’s wings were visible and who’s eyes glowed and light was spewing from his mouth as he was bleeding and dying. There were piles of dead naked babies around him and it clearly wasn’t meant to be a pretty sight.

“What is this?” I asked her. She flipped the book closed. “It’s a nephilim.” Tyler said ever so quietly.

“The child of an angel and a human?” Sam asked her disbelieving. Tyler nodded. “What does that have to do with the end of the world?” Sam asked her.

“Nothing. Just forget about it.” She said closing her eyes and shaking her head. “What’d you need anyway Sam? Shouldn’t you be down there helping with the interrogation?”

“Bobby sent me up to find you.” Sam said not adding anything else. He figured she’d connect the dots. She didn’t say anything but she picked up the book and put it back on the shelf. “So what were you thinking?”

“About what Sam?” Tyler asked me turning back to me. “What are we supposed to do about this?”

“Yeah.” He answered.

“Well we could try shutting the gates of hell. I already know where we could find a hell hound.” Tyler said.

“And I suppose you’re going to be the one to complete trials?” Sam scoffed.

“Yup. I am.” Tyler answered like Sam hadn’t just shot her down.

“No way.” Sam said simply. “Come on, you need more sleep.”

“And who told you that? Castiel?” Tyler said angrily.

“No, Bobby.” Sam whipped back at her. “But Cas didn’t say you were fine so…” Sam smirked.

“I’m fine. Bugger off.” Tyler snapped at him.

“Not a chance Ty. You need someone to take care of you right now and we’re all you’ve got.” Sam said backing her up against the bookshelf.

“Knock it off Sam.” She said quietly not looking at him.

“I know we got off to a rough start but maybe we need to take a second look at our situation. Alright?” Sam said quietly. Tyler looked up at him her eyes drooping and her entire demeanor relaxing.

“What are you doing to me Sam?” She asked him as she rubbed her eyes. Sam didn’t say anything. He just stood there watching her. She was falling asleep on her feet so Sam took her hand and started leading her to the couch. He wasn’t sure she was going to make it up to the bedroom. “We have things to do.” Tyler murmured.

“Don’t worry about it Ty.” He whispered in her ear. “I got you.” Sam said as he laid her down on the couch. She was out for about five second and then her eyes shot open and she nailed him right in the cheek.

“Ow! Tyler that hurt!” Sam groaned as he held his cheek. She was breathing heavy again and was up and pacing the carpet.

“Sorry Sam.” She apologized her mask in place. Then she was headed for the stairs downstairs.

“Wait! Tyler!” Sam was after her in seconds but he couldn’t catch up to her as she went right back to where Bobby had the demon Dean and the old man were interrogating.

“What are you doing down here?” Sam heard Bobby’s voice ask the girl before he turned the corner and saw Cas, Dean and Bobby standing around the demon with Tyler before them.
“No….” The demon said suddenly as he saw Tyler.

“Oh Gregory, it is you.” Tyler said suddenly her voice was cold. “You might want to leave.” She said not giving us any explanation.

“Don’t leave me here with that crazy bitch!” The demon yelled struggling against it’s ropes.

“Shut up.” She hissed and smacked him right across the side of his face so fast his neck might have cracked. The demon whimpered and she walked around behind it.

“What are we missing?” Cas asked Bobby.

“I’m not sure.” Bobby muttered as the boys stared at the pair. Even Dean had backed off and let her take over.

“Do you want to tell them Greg?” Tyler whispered into the demon’s ear. He flinched and looked to us terrified.

“How do you know him? You work with him?” Dean asked her. Tyler turned to him to stare at him. “I’ll take that as a no.” Dean answered himself as Tyler turned her attention back to the demon quivering in the chair.

“No, Gregory and I have a little… what would you like me to call it Gregory?” She asked him putting her hands on his shoulders. He let out a scream. “Deal it is.” She smirked before patting his shoulder and backing off to stalk around so he could see her from the front.

“What is going on?” Sam whispered.

“I’m not sure but I do not think we should interfere.” Cas stated. Bobby was watching Tyler with fascination and Dean just rolled his eyes.

“Oh Gregory, I’ve missed you so much.” Tyler purred in front of the demon. He let another whimper out as he sat in his chair petrified. “You’re going to tell me everything that I want to know aren’t you?” She purred again making the demon squirm and nod. “Good boy.”