Chapter 6: To Stop A War

“Then get out of my way.” Tyler growled her eyes darting around the room like a trapped rat.

“They’re all searching for you aren’t they?” Cas said to her.

“The angels?” Dean asked the two. Cas looked to Dean to answer and Tyler moved with blinding speed. She sprinted for the door but Cas had her around the middle.

“Damnit Castiel! Let me go!” She elbowed the poor angel but he didn’t let go. He let out a pained grunt but did manage to get her arms under his to restrain her fully.

“Stop resisting Tyler.” Cas grunted out. “You know you cannot escape, though you have more chance than most.”

“Cas, meet Tyler.” Dean said as he, Bobby and Sam rounded the corner She hadn’t stopped struggling.

“He really does sneak up on you doesn’t he?” She grunted as she kept squirming.

“Please do not try that.” Castiel suddenly piped up. Tyler sighed and went limp in his arms dropping the knife in her hand that she had managed to work out of her pocket.

“Fine. Take me back to them. Do what you want with me.” Tyler said closing her eyes.

“I did not come here for you. I came to help Sam and Dean.” Cas said sounding a little offended.

“Why don’t you put her down Cas. Tyler isn’t going anywhere.” Sam sighed.

“Very well.” The angel said and dropped her. She stood there for a second when he feet touched the ground and then walked towards Sam, Dean and Bobby.

“How long is he staying?” She hissed to Sam.

“I don’t know he comes and goes.” Sam shrugged. Tyler grumbled something that Sam didn't catch and then walked back to the living room.

“Come on Cas, we’re all situated in Bobby’s office.” Dean said. The brothers and Bobby walked with Cas to the room stacked with books and dust.

“Tyler would be helpful if we are to stop the war.” Cas said.

“Look we just need something to stop you guys from demolishing the planet.” Bobby said gruffly. “And I’m not sure who that girl hates more, angels or demons. Might want to watch your back Cas. I’ve heard rumors of rumors that she has a new blade and it sounds an awful lot like an angel blade.” Bobby added.

“Duly noted.” Cas said.

“Do you know about her?” Sam asked Cas.

“I know some about her.” Cas admitted.

“What can you tell us?” Dean asked.

“She is not well and has not been for some time. Much like demon blood she was addicted to angel blood. It still runs through her veins but now the madness seems to have faded.” When Sam looked at Cas the angel added to his explanation. “The effects were not as violent in the short term however she appears to have had a meltdown. Her need of sleep is a weakness from her humanity. I am not sure about all the details but it appears she was power drunk as well as paranoid and thus did not sleep.”

“So you’re saying we’re still dealing with the effects of you guys dosing her.” Bobby said dryly. He could feel a headache coming on. Nothing could ever be simple with Tyler. Much like the boys she couldn’t just kill a demon, there had to be a complication in there.

“Yes, though I am not sure what those effects are.” Cas said.

“What about her powers?” Bobby asked.

“I believe those will stay though using them will wear her out.” Cas explained.

“Is there anything we can do to help her?” Sam asked Castiel hopefully.

“I don’t think there is. I’m sorry Sam. I understand you feel a kinship with her.”

“Fine. Let’s focus on making sure the world doesn’t end.” Bobby said gruffly. “Tyler! We need your help girl!” Bobby called her.

“I’m not a dog Bobby.” Her quiet voice startled the three boys, Cas knew she was there the whole time. “I figured you would need me.”

“I know it’s a lot to ask for you to put your problem on the back burner-“ Bobby started but then Tyler interrupted him.

“Don’t worry about it Bobby. You, the boys and the world always come first. What can I do to help?” She asked a determined look on her face. Dean smiled. The Tyler he knew was back and he knew how to deal with her. He had no idea how to deal with the tired and terrified girl that had stood or run before them minutes ago.

“Are you sure you’re ok Ty?” Sam asked her furrowing his eyebrows. He was worried. The look of worry on Bobby’s face made Sam even more worried but if she said she was fine then he’d believe her.

“I’m fine Sam. Quit worrying. And Bobby, stop being such a mother hen.” Tyler snapped at them.

“Somebody has to look after you, you idjit.” Bobby groused and glared at her daring her to say something back. She glared right back at him.

“I’ve been doing it myself for years. I don’t need anybody now. Cas what do we do to stop this?” Tyler said never taking her eyes off Bobby. Cas looked a bit startled to be suddenly brought into the conversation but he quickly recovered and gave his two sense.

“We need to find out why the war is being brought on in the first place. The apocalypse was the obvious reason for the last war but I’m not sure why this one is happening now.”

“And if we can identify that we can do something about it?” Dean asked skeptically.

“Do you have a better plan?” Cas asked him innocently.

“No.” Dean snapped.

“So we interrogate demons until we find one high enough on the food chain to know what’s going on.” Sam filled in the plan. Cas nodded and Bobby groaned.

“It can’t ever be simple with you idjits can it?” He asked. Tyler was the only one who laughed. Sam and Dean looked at her a little oddly and she shrugged still chuckling.

“Where’s the fun in easy?” She asked them as an explanation.

“It doesn’t get us killed or injured.” Dean snapped. She just smiled bigger.

“No, that’s the fun part.” Tyler grinned chuckling again.

“She’s lost a few screws.” Dean leaned over and whispered in Sam’s ear. Sam was close to agreeing.

“Might be better if she got some more sleep.” Sam said back to Dean.

“Well come on. I just happen to have a demon in the basement.” Bobby grunted. “I was asking him about some missing girls for a different case but I’m sure he knows where we can find some more demons.” Tyler just nodded and headed towards the book shelf to pick up another book on who knows what for who knows what purpose.

“Wait, you just happen to have a demon in the basement?” Sam called to Dean, Cas and Bobby who were all headed towards the basement.