8 ~ Princess gone wild

Start from the beginning

"No, I am okay with it" I assured her, which was not true. My Existence already didn't matter to anyone and I was not afraid of dying. 

"No, Abhi you are not okay, I won't let you suffer alone." She insisted again.

"This fight is of mine alone. I will fight alone. This is my destiny and I am happy to see it. Trust me" I assured her.

She nodded looking at me in acceptance of the lie that I told her. I couldn't let that insane animal play with everyone. I couldn't see my hard work go to waste by backing out now. 

Although my pain was unbearable to me, I couldn't disclose it to anyone for the sake of their Happiness. I had to suffer alone. 

I rested for a while Gathering the Palace's information from Sakhibai. But, my brain couldn't forget the words that I shared with the Prince. How he disrespects me always makes me vulnerable more and more. I was losing my strength But one thing was sure I would not lose without fighting. 

In our culture, we were always taught to fight back and prefer dying over accepting loss. My brother died fighting with him. He was my inspiration and his pierced head that I saw, was the fuel that was burning the anger in me towards him more and more. I couldn't hold his torture anymore.

I lay on the bed thinking about tonight. I couldn't plan my way to escape. Begging him was surely out of the Plan and asking for help in this heartless kingdom was the plan with surety of Failure. But, I couldn't dance. I was the Princess for God's sake. 

"Princess" The voice caught my attention as I looked at an attendee. My heart raced looking at her that made me sense something Horrible. 

"You are asked to get ready for the celebration of tonight" She bowed ending her words.

My body was frozen at that moment realizing it was time. He didn't have any emotions for girls, I guess. Was he the same If I were his mother or sister? He wanted to ruin the Pride of Pratapgarh but I was not ready to let him do that. 

She might have sensed my denial as she said. 

"Please, Princess otherwise The Prince will kill me," She said with an innocent face that made my heart melt. I couldn't play with anyone's life here. 

I nodded to her and with a heavy heart joined to walk after her.

She made me walk through the same galleries and to the chamber of courtesans again. I covered my face with a veil because I didn't want to see anything there or anyone to see me too. My life became a living hell but still, I couldn't manage that environment at all. Those Chamber didn't suit the Princesses.  

I walked and reached the same lady which made me ready last night. She bowed to me and I accepted. 

"Welcome Princess," She said and somehow I doubted how everyone knows that I was Princess. They hardly knew me. But, Ignoring that I chose to sit as she signaled me to.

I looked at her and said "Today, Groom me as everyone keeps watching me. Especially Prince" I had something on my mind for which I wanted to look the best. 

She nodded and started her work. Also, I wanted to get ready as the Princess for the last time because I couldn't think that I was left alive after that. The hatred in me was boiling with the anger that was about to end me any time. The work he was forcing me to do was never done by any respectable Princess in History. He wanted me to garnish his mehfil that I was thinking to ruin in every manner. 

The time passed looking at my hair that was left reaching below my hips, Heavy jewelry that was looking like pearls on the seashore, and a hint of rose on my lips. she poured the light kajal in my eyes and handed me a pair of Lehnga in golden yellow color with back velvet slim border at the end of its hem. It had the work of fine embroidery and beads. She tightens the thread of heavy sparkling gold and white beaded necklace that enhanced my fair skin of mine quickly.