Chapter - 25

YOUR POV

SEOUL STREET

In the city streets, we come upon a familiar woman

Mizu - "..."

That's Kook's mother. No doubt about it.

Y/N - "Let's go. You can talk to her now."

Jungkook - "But..."

Kook...

Y/N - "That book of Carvajal's work that you had... It was your father's originally, wasn't it?"

Jungkook - "Huh? Yeah, but..."

Y/N - "Your mom gave it to me along with the rest of your things, though. Don't you think that means that she knew how important it was to you?"

Jungkook - "!"

Y/N - "This is your last chance..."

Jungkook - "I really can't win when I'm up against you. Okay. Let's do this."

We hurriedly run over to his mother, who fortunately hasn't gone anywhere yet.

Jungkook - "M... M-Mizuho Jeon!!"

Whoa, what a formal way to call out to your own mother!

Mizu - "Jungkook...?! And you... you're..."

 I bow and take a step toward her. We decide to tell her all about the events of the past 30 days.

Mizuho - "To be honest, I still can't come to terms with all of this... But with you standing here in front of me, I've no choice but to accept it as the truth."

Jungkook - "..."

Mizu - "Jungkook, what is this girlfriend of yours, exactly? A spiritual medium?"

Jungkook - "Of course not. I'm the one who decided to come back."

Even though their conversation is stilted, I'm still happy to see them talking to each other. I watch on, being careful not to interrupt.

Mizu - "What a story. Still, I believe you. You're here, after all. There are such things as miracles, even in ordinary everyday life."

Jungkook - "Huh?"

Mizu - "Meeting someone important to you, having them fall in love with you back... You could call that a miracle, too, don't you think?... An irreplaceable miracle that happens somewhere every single day."

Jungkook - "...Should you really be saying that after all the guys you've gone through, including my dad?"

Mizu - "That's a good point."

She had a lot of different lovers when Kook was growing up. I know that was part of what strained their relationship when he was a kid... But still, I can understand what she's saying now.