Chapter - 7

THE OFFICE

Mizu - ...

When our eyes meet, she bows her head just slightly in acknowledgement. I hurriedly bow back before looking over my shoulder at Joon.

Y/N - Um, I...

Namjoon - What you do on break is your business. G0 ahead and take care of whatever it is.

Y/N - Thanks!

I nod to him and walk over to join Kook's mother.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE RECEPTION

Y/N - Um, so... What is it that I can help you with today?

After finding a place where we can have a quite conversation together, I turn to face Jungkook's mother once again. Mizu's lips, heavily painted with lipstick, drawtight in a grimace.

Mizu - You don't need to be so formal with me.It's nothing very important, anyway.

Y/N - Oh...?

Mizu - I brought some of Jungkook's things for you that he'd left at my house.

My eyes widen in surprise. She thrusts three large paper bags at me, and I reflexively accept them. Books, personel items.... Oh, there's even a boy's school uniform in here.

Y/N - Was this uniform Kook's?

Mizu - It's from back when he still lived with me, so it's pretty old. None of it's really worth being called a memento, but if you want any of it, go on and take it.

Y/N - Thank you... But are you sure you don't want to keep anything...?

Mizu - I'm sure. I found it in the closet when I was cleaning. I hadn't even remembered any of it existed. So if you don't want it, throw it away.

Y/N - ...

Mizu - Heh, you look like you don't believe me. You think I'm a horrible mother, don't you? But honestly there are more families like ours out there than you'd think.