Chapter - 21

YOUR POV

LIVING ROOM

An unfamiliar folder has been left in the corner of my PC's desktop

An unfamiliar folder has been left in the corner of my PC's desktop. It contains documents for apartments located overseas.

Y/N - "Was he using these as ideas for blueprints or something?"

No, that doesn't seem right. These look more like he was looking for a place to live after he left Korea.

Y/N - "Hm?"

Just then, I notice something. All of the rooms listed in the folder are remarkably similar to the place I'm living right now. They all look like they get a lot of sunlight, too.  The kinds of places I'd like to live... Before we settled on our current apartment, Kook and I spent a lot of time talking about our preferences... 

Wait. No way...

A shiver of realization runs through me. I hurriedly look through the documents again.

Y/N - "These are all apartments meant for two people... Could he have been meaning to live together with me in one of these...?"

If so, then it's just like Yoongi was suggesting... Kook didn't mean to end things between us after all...? It's just like someone's flicked a switch inside of me. All of the fog that's been clouding my heart dissipates in an instant.

*FLASHBACK*

Yoongi - "He also said that he planned on talking to you about something important after he ended the call with me. Made me think that the phone call was part of the preparations for whatever it was. Who'd have thought that an apology to someone for stealing their girl would end up being a man's famous last words."

------

If those words were true... Then Kook must have felt guilty deep down about asking me out even while knowing how Yoongi felt.

Y/N - "If he didn't make a formal apology to clear his conscience... then he wouldn't have felt right about asking me to go overseas with him. Could that be it?"

So would that mean that our fight that day... happened because he wasn't able to give me a straight answer until after he'd talked to Yoongi?

Y/N - "No, I could just be interpreting things into being the way I wish they were. I mean, if that's what was going on, he could have said something about it. Even after coming back here, he never mentioned a word about..."

Just then, I catch sight of a certain paper bag. It's the one Kook's mother gave me.

*FLASHBACK*

Jungkook - "She said she gave you this stuff because she didn't want it, right? I don't see why you'd have any obligation to bring it back to her."