Chapter - 13

WAY BACK HOME

YOUR POV

??? - Hey

??? - Hey.

A sudden voice calls out to me as I'm walking home through the darkened streets. I freeze to the spot, and the voice continues...

??? - Oh laaaaady! What color are your panties? Huh?

Oh no, what do I have following me?! There's no where to run, and no one to help me... What should I do...

Y/N - ...me...

??? - Hey.

Y/N - Help me, Kook...

??? - ! --- Hey, look at me. Y/N!

Huh? That voice...

Jungkook - Um, look. Sorry. I just wanted to scare you a little, that's all. Don't cry... okay?

It was Kook... As I stare at him blankly, he reaches out to me. There's still no sensation, of course, but his voice seems gentler than usual.

Jungkook - Still, I don't think I've ever heard you sound all meek like that before. 'Save me, Kook.' I didn't even know you had a damsel in distress mode.

Y/N - Ugh, how humiliating.... Forget this ever happened, okay?

Jungkook - No way. I'll never forget this, not until the day I die. Though I guess I am already dead.

Y/N - You can stop with the dark humor, too... Sheesh. Still, you really got me. I had no idea that it was you.

Jungkook - Yeah, well. I did try disguising my voice. Guess I did a good job.

Y/N - Too good. What are you doing here, though? Did you come to walk me home?

Jungkook - I figured I'd get a little fresh air, yeah. Hey, it's a little out of the way, but you should take the next street down home from now on. There's more traffic there.

Y/N - What?

Jungkook - Just do it.

When he keeps pressing it, I nod. I can tell that he's worried about me, in his own way.

Y/N - You're still a jerk, though... And what was that about the color of my panties?!

Jungkook - Wasn't that a good line? I'm pretty proud of it.

It's just like him to base the success of an interaction on how funny it was...

Y/N - Anyway. I've got some good news for you. Get this: the couple who requested that new house decided to continue on with the contract.

Jungkook - !

Y/N - They really put a lot of trust in you. That was a big part of why they weren't sure what to do after you were gone... But seeing that model apparently helped them make up their minds.