Chapter 1

"Maybe you've been looking in the wrong direction?" Lia quietly says with a sympathetic expression, standing behind me with her arms around my shoulders.

"What?"

"The kind of girls you've been seeing. – I clarify, catching onto kitten's meaning – Maybe you're seeing wrong girls..."

"What kind of girls?" Simon asks.

Dave seems to realize what I mean, staring at us dejectedly. "The easy kind." He breathes out ruefully.

"I'm not trying to make you feel worse, but... if there's one thing I know about Cassie is that she's not a wife material." I add, wincing at the broken look on my friend's face.

"I know. I figured as much. During those two years, not even once have we talked about our future, our plans never went that far. I see it all now. But after seeing you two – he looks at me and Lia seriously – I started to fucking yearn for something more than just going on meaningless dates, visiting one party after another or parading around the campus pretending to be the 'power couple'. – he scoffs at the name – It's actually you that should be called that, you two are fucking relationship goals." I only grin, stroking my girl's arms that are wrapped around my neck as she leans against me.

"If there's anything I can tell you is to look somewhere you'd never think of looking. I know it worked for me. You don't appreciate something that comes easily, but when you have to work for it, you realize its worth. The best people are the hardest to get." I give my kitten a loving glance, which turns into a frown when I catch her glare.

"Did you seriously call me an 'it'?" I gulp at the calmness in her voice as she tightens her hold of my neck. The guys don't even bother hiding their amusement, laughing at my misfortune.

"I'm just trying to say that to get someone as amazing and incredible as you, he needs to work for it- I mean them – I correct myself quickly when I see the threat in Lia's eyes – and that when he finds the right person, like I found you, he'll realize that they're worth all the effort." I choose my words carefully, not wanting to piss my kitten off. When she finally loosens her hold on me, I sigh in relief before pulling her in for a kiss.

"You two are so fucking strange." David chuckles, seemingly in a better mood.

"Hey, don't judge. She's really scary when she's mad."

"What?!"

"I meant cute." I quickly add, keeping a hold of Lia's arms so she doesn't strangle me again.

"You better. - she retorts, giving me a peck - The food should be almost ready, so set the table while I dish it out." Lia swiftly changes the subject, leaving a kiss on my temple before walking away.

"Come on guys. If you want to eat, you'll do as she says." I stage-whisper, getting a quick glare from Lia which I counter with a cheeky grin.

"See? This is what I mean. This is what I want." David sighs longingly, taking the plates out of the cupboard in the corner. I don't respond to that, focusing on dismantling the coffee table.

Since our kitchen is connected with the living room and there's only Lia and I living here, we have no dining table or chairs, usually eating at the breakfast bar or in the living room at the coffee table. Lia found one that can be dismantled to fit more people and we just sit on the floor and eat. Both Lia and I hate clutter, so we keep our apartment minimalistic, having only the necessary stuff here. Everything is adjustable to fit more people when needed, like when our friends come to visit, but most of the time we keep it small and compact.

After a long talk, we even decided to turn the second bedroom into our study, leaving only a pull-out couch there, so we can have someone overnight in case there's a need for that. We don't need two bedrooms anyway, since we always sleep together.

"Oh fuck it smells good!" Simon exclaims when Lia carries the food to the table.

"Go wash up. I'll bring everything out." My girl orders sternly, getting groans in response. "Come on, chop-chop. Or you're not eating." She warns, making me chortle.

I show the guys where the bathroom is then help my girl take everything to the table. "Can you bring the wine?" Lia requests, dishing out the vegetables. I only nod, kissing the back of her head on my way to the fridge. Lia loves cold wine and always keeps the decanter in the fridge after opening the bottle.

"You got beer too?" I ask surprised when I see three six-packs of Heineken on the shelf.

"Yeah, I figured you'd want some drinks since it's Saturday." Damn I love this girl. She thinks about everything.

"Hey you two lovebirds, the food will get cold." James calls out from the table teasingly.

"We're coming! Damn, you're impatient." Lia laughs, shaking her head. We all sit around the table and not wasting a moment dig into the food. I fill Lia's plate while she pours out the lemonade for everyone, before getting my share. Thank god Lia's smart enough to make a loooot of food, cause I'm freaking starving and I'm sure the guys are too after today's practice.

"Oh fuck it's so good!" Simon groans in delight, stuffing his mouth, while I chuckle. I know my kitten's cooking skills are remarkable, but the guys are tasting her food for the first time.

"It's delicious." I quietly murmur against Lia's lips, giving her a quick peck.

"Thank you."

"Knock it off, you two." James warns, pointing at us with his fork.

"Why should we? I'm not afraid of showing my affection." I mock.

"Neither am I." Lia adds with a smirk, pulling me in for a kiss.

"You're so annoying." All three guys groan, scowling at us playfully.