27. Big decisions

Author's POV :

                 Karthick and the ladies returned home after sending off Avi. They noticed the foul mood of their family.

Priya : what happened why all have gathered. You people won't sit together unless it is important. Have you guys fixed date for my marriage???
        Priya asked in teasing tone to ease the awkwardness.

Arjun : Just shut your mouth for few minutes.

Harini : is this the way you talk with your sister Arjun??

Prakash : ok now everyone stop. Some important decisions have to be made.

Anuradha : first discuss your decision with me and athai Prakash. Don't trouble the children.

Grandma : I am sure my son would have taken the correct decision Anu darling. Don't worry. Prakash you continue.

Prakash : Harini ma I think Naina slept can you put her in bed and come.

Harini : yes mama ( father in law ) she was crying all the way asking for Avi to return back and finally she slept. Let me put her in bed and come.
          Harini returned after tucking Naina in her bed. She closed the room carefully and came down to meet everyone.

Prakash : Now Arjun , Harini , Priya , Karthick come stand infront of me.
            All did as said by their father. ( father in law for Harini )

Prakash : Karthick how serious are you about Avanthika ??

Anuradha : Do you think my child is some rogue Prakash ?? This is too much.

Arjun : Appa is this question even needed?? Isn't it obvious ??

Prakash : Other than Karthick all are answering. I don't want anyone to open their mouth unless you are asked to.

Karthick : Appa if you have asked me this about 8 months back my world was only cricket . But now after meeting her I understood that she is my everything. I am seeing my mom in her.

Prakash : Not bad. I am impressed my son. Now Priya it is your turn. As we all know your love story, I just wanted to ask you one thing. Are you ready for your marriage now ??

Priya : Appa I am ready a long back.

Prakash : I expected this. Now Arjun and Harini as we all know how much struggle you both faced to get married, I don't want the same to be faced by the other two. Do you guys think your brother and sister are serious about their respective partners ??

Arjun : Appa Priya's love story is a long one. We can even take a movie or write book based on it. Priya and adhvik love each other from their childhood. And the best part is they both love each other with the same amount of passion they had since childhood. So yes they are serious about each other. If you don't get our pri married now, she herself will go to Parasuram uncle's house.

Harini : Mama we all know how Karthick was before few months. He used to be always angry, more focused on his game, nothing mattered to him other than his game. He even used to talk very little with us. He was just close to athai. He rarely used to smile. Now after he met Avi, I am seeing a different version of Karthick who knows how to smile, how to talk with people. He even controls his anger mama. This is great. Avi has brought out the Karthick whom we used to long for. I don't think our Karthick will be happy with anyone else other than Avi.

Karthick: Thank you anni.

Prakash : ok now I have decided something. Priya's marriage will be fixed within 6 months. Now since Avi has gone to her home, it is the correct time for us to visit her parents and ask for their daughter's hands. So Karthick you inform Avi about this.

Karthick : Even I thought the same Appa. But I want it to be surprise for her Appa. We will go there directly and meet her parents without informing her Appa.

Prakash : ok if you insist. Anu and Amma what are your thoughts about this??

Grandma : That's right Prakash. Day after tomorrow is auspicious day. You guys go that day.

Prakash : and you Anu ??

Anuradha : Harini see whether Naina woke up. It is time for her to have milk.
Anuradha moved to kitchen angrily completely ignoring Prakash.

Prakash : ok all go and do your respective work. I am thirsty I will have some water.
Saying this Prakash rushed to the kitchen. All silently followed him and hid behind the kitchen door.

Prakash : sorry kannama ( a cute pet name in Tamil household) I was angry because of Rajasekhar. Sorry da kannama. You know na I love you.
Prakash was hugging Anuradha from behind while she was busy in boiling milk. Behind the kitchen door Karthick and Arjun were whispering.

Arjun : our Appa is so Romantic da.

Karthick : yes yes. But first tell me did Mr. Rajasekhar come here??

Arjun : yes da he came and suggested to get you and mili married.

Karthick : the nerve of this man. I know da anna, he might have surely threatened my Avi. That's why she was so much scared that day.

Arjun : don't worry da. Appa thrashed him.

Karthick: he needs that da Anna.

Priya : you both shut your mouth and listen to their romance.

Inside the kitchen,

Anuradha : after scolding me, why now you are apologising Prakash. You don't love me these days.

Prakash : sorry da kannama. You give me punishment, I will accept it.

Anuradha : children will learn from you Prakash. I know Arjun is mature. He won't learn this stupid antics of yours but my Karthick is baby boy. Just now he is controlling his anger issues. Don't behave like this infront of him.

Behind the kitchen door,

Arjun and Priya : baby aaa???

Karthick : see ma loves me more than you both and Priya you are not even included in this. I said na they picked you from dustbin.

Priya could not control her anger, she marched towards her parents. Anuradha jerked off Prakash who was hugging her. Anuradha put the stove on off mode and started pouring the milk into glass.

Priya : if you are over with your romance can I ask you something.

Prakash : darling you should learn this from us. That is to romance after the fight.

Priya : go to hell with your romance.

Anuradha : why baby what happened??

Priya : now you are babbying me?? You were saying Arjun Anna is mature. Karthick is your baby boy. But what about me? You did not even mentioned me.
Both of them gasped as they found out that Priya listened to their little romantic conversation.

Anuradha : you are our princess baby ma.

Priya : hey brothers did you hear mom, I am her princess.
Both Anuradha and Prakash were shocked to see Karthick, Arjun and Harini coming from behind the door.

Arjun : Appa you are hopelessly romantic with your kannama..
Arjun teased his father. Prakash hit him playfully in his arm. After their little teasing session all carried on with their respective works.