18. Revealations

Karthick's POV :

As I can't move my thumb and it was painful my coach and physiotherapist took my to the hospital and I was found to have a thin hairline fracture and I was not able to play rest of the matches. It was quite frustrating but Virat bhai explained me that injuries are part and parcel of game. So I accepted my fate and I was sent to India immediately.

In home everyone takes care of me as if I have suffered a major accident. Even though pri is a doctor she worries like a layman. But the good thing that happened is meeting my Avi. She came home to meet me. She came to my room along with anni. I signaled anni that I have to be with her alone. She understood and left my room not before winking at me. The feeling that she came home and the sole purpose is to meet me made me happiest man in the world. She is in my room. Oh god thank you for giving me this fracture. She even brought me a gift. It was a cricketing glove along with a greeting card in which she has written get well soon. Omg this is soo cute. I noticed that she was not well. Though she seems fine outside but her eyes are saying something else. What is bothering you my darling and I can't afford to see you like this. I have to find out. So after she left I called Sathish and asked him if someone troubled my Avi. What he said actually shocked me. He said that when Avi came to know about my fracture she broke down completely thinking that I had a major fracture. When she came to know it was a hairline fracture of thumb only then she became consolable. It seems only Sathish knows about this. Rithu and Anu have went to some camp. Avi has also asked promise from Sathish that he should not say about this to anyone. My darling when you love me this much why can't you accept that? What is stopping you?? I will find out soon and remove all your insecurities. Wait for me my angel.

Avanthika's POV :

It was on Christmas Karthick proposed me. I felt really happy and sad at the same time. Any one would love Karthick. He is such a perfect man every girl would die to marry. I don't know when I started to like him. The care he shows me, the way he drops me home when I get late, he drops me without letting his own driver to do the service, it is that he doesn't believe his own driver at that time, once when I came back from duty and was climbing the stairs to reach my home I heard Sathish saying Karthick over phone that I reached home safely. All these made me fall for him. I know for sure that he would do this for anyone but luckily, only I was there is that place. I love Karthick for the person he is and not for his profession or his family status. This is what that scares me most. If he or his family members think that I like him for his social status or money, I will not be able to take that. And also I came to know a big thing after the day I fainted in Karthick's house. The next day I met a girl named Shalmili. She said she is related to Priya ka's family and came to meet her. She said she was also present in the party but I didn't notice her. She saw me fainted and came to see whether I am fine. That was soo sweet of her. In the afternoon when myself and my department friends went to have food outside the hospital, I saw shalmili with her friends there. I asked her to join us but she denied and sat in the table backside of us. I didn't purposely eavesdrop but I heard what she was telling her friends. She said that there is a misunderstanding between her and Karthick's family and if she marries Karthick the families will again get well together. I was so much amazed by the love she has for family. At that time I didn't have the feeling for Karthick that I am experiencing right now. It will be good if 2 families come closer by their marriage rather than me revealing my love to Karthick and breaking 2 families. But I can't stop thinking about Karthick. I came to know he was going to new Zealand for matches. The days I didn't see him were horrible. I could not stay away from him. Even if it was for seconds I enjoyed seeing him every morning while going to hospital. I was fasting the day before his matches. I was so happy for his achievements. When I came to know he was not going to play the 2nd test match and has had fracture, I couldn't not control myself. Sathish tried to console me but I was not able to control my tears. I was worried thinking about all the worst possible fractures a cricketer can have. Then finally Sathish said me it was a hairline and he will be coming home tomorrow then only I was relieved. Then the next day I went to his house to see him. Everyone was happy to see me except Priya Ka. She was looking at me with rage in her eyes. Oh I can't see Akka like this. What is the sudden reason for her hate. I decided to ask her after meeting Karthick. I went to Karthick's room with Harini Akka. She left me alone with Karthick in his room saying that she has some work. Being with Karthick and that too alone made me nervous. I gave the gift I bought for him and spoke with him for sometime and left. When I came outside, Priya Ka dragged me to terrace and started shouting at me. I can't believe my own ears.

Priya : why did you come here??

Avi : Akka what happened? Why are you angry with me??

Priya : answer me first Avi??

Avi : to see Karthick Akka.

Priya : are you happy now. You hate Karthick already and now by coming to see him are you trying to give him more pain.

Avi : Akka why will I hate Karthick?? Nothing like you think Akka.

Priya : then what is it when you can't accept my little bro's proposal? I can't see him hurt. There are countless girls who die to live with Karthick but when he likes a simple girl like you, you don't even respect his feelings.

Avi : sorry Ka. I am worthless.
Saying this I rushed from their home and reached my home only to cry till I fell asleep.