19. Evil's ploy

Author's POV :

Anuradha noticed Avi leaving home crying and pri coming behind her. Anuradha asked Priya the reason behind avi's tears. Priya explained her what happened in the terrace.

Anuradha : pri I can understand your love for our Karthick but at the same time you know what kind of girl Avi is. She is such a gem. Moreover she is your bestie. You can't hurt her like this. Still she hasn't felt her love for Karthick. If she feels it she could not stop herself from expressing it.

Priya : yes mom what you say is true. Out of impulsiveness I hurt my Avi ma.
Saying this pri started to cry.

Anuradha: it's ok dear. Surely Avi would understand you. She will never hate you. Ok let me tell you something which will make you happy.

Priya : what is it mom?

Anuradha : as you know adhvik is coming home from America ,

Priya : I know that ma. He said yesterday.

Anuradha : control your excitement pri. We have decided to get you engaged this week. So we have a lot of work to do like inviting people, buying dress, home decorations, etc.,

Priya : oh mom finally my Prince Charming got some time so that we can get engaged.

Harini : you are such a drama queen pri.

Priya : anni where were you?

Harini : I was here only. Listening to mom and your conversation.

Anuradha : ok we will take care of all the arrangements. We just need you pri for your dress selection which can be done evening. We will manage the remaining things. So no need to take leave. Save your leave for marriage.

Priya : ok mom. Now if you leave me I will go to airport to see adhvik.

Anuradha : no no you should not go.

Priya : ma athai only called me.

Anuradha: still I won't leave you.

Priya : wait I will call athai.

Lakshmi convinced Anuradha to let pri meet adhvik at airport. Anuradha gave permission to pri but not before getting a promise in return. Anuradha asked Priya to seek avi's apology and get her home so that she will also enjoy the happiness that surrounds the engagement. Priya promised the same.

The engagement preparations started and went in full swing. Priya asked apologies from Avi. Avi being selfless accepted Priya's apology. Avi used to visit Priya's home after her duty and helped them in engagement preparations. All were busy in the preparations amidst which Karthick never failed to show his love for Avi whenever he got opportunity.

Elsewhere in Rajasekhar mansion,

Varun really practised very hard and he got into Indian team. He is a bowler unlike Karthick. He got his debut match in new Zealand. He played only odi and t20. He did not get chance in test match. He was always jealous of the attention Karthick got from Virat and the way Karthick was progressing in his game.

Rajasekhar was fuming in anger at Varun not because of his match or something but because of his inability to impress Priya and make her fall in love with him.

Rajasekhar : hey Varun you are such a useless man. Why can't you impress a normal girl like Priya? Now she is getting engaged to that parasuram's son.

Varun : Appa for your evil play I can't compromise my happiness. First of all I don't love Priya. I like someone else.

Rajasekhar : care to explain my son.

Varun : I will tell you when I get her pa.

Shalmili : I suspected you Varun. The way you were staring at her raised a suspicion in me and today it is confirmed.

Varun : you just focus on your work I will take care of mine.
Saying this Varun left home.

Parvathi : Mili do you know who is that girl?

Shalmili : I think it is her ma. But I am not sure. Let him say by himself.

Rajasekhar : what about you mili? Did you do anything for your love?

Shalmili : Appa I am not like varun. I am your daughter. I plotted everything smartly and I am close in making Karthick mine.

Rajasekhar : that's my girl. Can you tell me what you did??

Mili : Appa when we went to party in Karthick's house, what I saw made me loose my mind. Karthick who always used to be angry, arrogant and not giving a shit about girls was behaving weirdly. He was roaming as if he was searching for his precious possession. Then came a girl whom he was following like a puppy. The way he was seeing her I am hundred percent sure he was and still he is in love with her. I was not able to stand there. Then I controlled myself and followed them. She suddenly fainted and he carried her upstairs along with Priya. I saw a different Karthick there Appa. He became restless and even a tear escaped from his eyes. He even shouted at Priya and his mother and finally confessed that he is in love with her. I was shattered at that moment Appa. After coming home I started collecting information about the girl. I came to know that her name is Avanthika and she is doing her 2nd year MD in the same college where Priya is also doing her masters. I came to know she is not like us that is she is so naive to be in this cruel world Appa. First I was angry that I wanted to kill her and later knowing that her weakness is family, it made me easy to throw her out of my way. At that time only Karthick was in love with her and she was ignorant about the same. It made my job quite easier. I visited her in hospital and made an impression about me being a sweet girl and made her hear few things which I was sharing with my friends and that is if I and Karthick get married it will make our 2 families happier. I am aware that she heard me. Later I was getting to know from my sources that the entire family is rooting to make her their daughter in law. Even she started to like Karthick. But she didn't accept her love infront of anybody. It's all because of my mind game with her pa.

Parvathi : you are more evil than your father.

Rajasekhar : I am really proud of you. But when are you going to make Karthick fall in your trap??

Mili : very soon Appa. I am planning to make my next move during Priya's engagement. Even Varun will be part of my game if my judgement about the girl whom I think he loves is true. Watch my game.

Rajasekhar : tell me my daughter if that stupid girl is blocking our way, let me finish her off.

The real game begins.

Whom do you think Varun loves??

To what extent will Shalmili go to make Karthick hers??

Will Rajasekhar harm Avi ??

Do you guys think Varun is as evil as Shalmili ??