17. New zealand tour

Karthick's POV :

I was into the team for New Zealand tour which lasts for a month. The tour consists of 5 t20 , 3 odi and 3 one day matches. I decided to take my family with me. But my mom and dad denied so did my Anna and anni. I can't take pri alone with me. I took blessings of my family and left for the tour. In the flight we players were provided with business class tickets. Each one was doing different things. Few were watching movie , few were playing games on phone , few were engaged in conversation but I isolated myself from all and sat alone. I took few pictures of my Avi without her notice in temple. I was just staring at her picture and I was lost. I heard someone clear their throat. I was shocked to see Virat bhai standing near me. I immediately put my phone in my pocket. I asked him to sit. He said he saw what I was doing. I just smiled at him. He did not ask much details. We conversed about random things to kill our time in flight.

                 The tour was going well. The 3 odi matched got over and I scored century in 2 matches and half century in one match. Virat also made me bowl and I took 5 wickets in 3 matches. I evolved as an all rounder. It was Virat bhai who made me realise my bowling skills. I am so grateful to him.

             The day before t20 match I was sitting in the park of the hostel where we were staying. I was lost in thoughts of my Avi. I haven't spoke with her for nearly a week but her thoughts are not leaving me. I was like I have to see her right at this moment. I know that can't happen at least I have to hear her voice. I was craving for her. Then suddenly an idea striked me. I dialled Sathish's number. He picked up in first ring.

Sathish : hello bro you are just amazing. I am bragging to all my friends that I know you very well. All the best for t20 matches. I am watching all the matches.

He never let me talk. He was blabbering. He was giving me all the unnecessary information but he is not telling anything about my girl.

Karthick : Thank you bro. But how is my girl?? I feel like hearing her voice.

Sathish : Bro there is a great news for you. You would be happy to know that.

Karthick : And what is that??

Sathish : she is fasting the day before your match and guess what she watches the match whenever she gets time. Last Sunday we watched the match together and you know what, when you scored century she was full of tears. She wiped her tears thinking that no one noticed her but I saw her. I am sure she loves you but she is not accepting. I don't know what is stopping her.

Karthick : omg I can't believe this. Thank you Sathish for telling me this. I will talk to you later as I have to process and relish this moment.

Sathish : ok bro bye.

I feel like I am flying. When my angel loves me this much why can't she express it to me. I have to find out the reason. I love you my darling. I will play well this tournament because you are my Lady Luck. After your entry into my life everything seems beautiful. You inspire me to achieve my goals. Soon my angel I will make you accept the fact that you love me.

When I was lost in my own thoughts Virat bhai and Anushka di came and sat near me.

Virat : is it the girl in your phone whom you are thinking right now?

Karthick : yes bhai. Her name is Avanthika.

Anushka : cute name.

Karthick : you have to see her di everything about her will be cute.

Anushka : ok then call her. Let me speak with her.

Karthick : di I just proposed her last month. She didn't accept my love.

Virat : why what is wrong in my brother? He is handsome and a great cricketer. Why is she not accepting your love?

Karthick : she said that I can't understand her reason. But just now I heard from her friend that she is fasting before my match. I am not able to understand her bhai. But one thing for sure is I am madly in love with her and I will do anything to make her mine.

Anushka : it is easy for you guys to propose to a girl. Do you ever think what all things she has to face. I am sure she will be thinking about your family and her family. Karthick understand that marriage is not between two individuals alone, it is between 2 families. I am sure this is the thing that is bothering her. Give her some time. I am sure she is also in love with you. Surely she will accept your love. But do you have the patience to wait for her?

Karthick : omg a girl thinks so many things? Thanks di for making me understand. And di I will wait for her even if it takes my entire life.

Virat : ok come let us have dinner and sleep early. Karthick tomorrow we have match don't forget that. And Mahi bhai called me. Since you  played in number 4 position in odi and also scored century, bhai asked me to put you as an opener in tomorrow's match. Are you ok with that? Because Shikhar is injured and it is doubtful that he would play tomorrow.

Karthick : No problem bhai. I will play as an opener. I respect all your decisions bhai.

          All the 5 t20 matches got over. Guess what I performed very well as an opener too. In last two matches as shikhar bhai recovered I was sent in at 5th position and played well in that too. Regarding my bowling I took decent amount of wickets and gave minimal runs to the opponent team. Sachin bhai and Mahi bhai called me and appreciated me. I was on cloud nine. I was also happy to make my debut in test match as it is the dream of every cricketer.

                  In first test match, I was put in 3rd position. Rehane and Rohit bhai were openers. They built a partnership of  150 runs for the first wicket. Rohit bhai returned to the pavilion with 60 runs. I joined rehane and he got out with 113 runs. Then myself and Virat bhai started to build the partnership. By the end of 1st day I scored 95 runs and Virat bhai scored 43 runs. Second day began and guess what I scored double century and Virat bhai was was 130. On third with with our score nearly 500 we declared. The New Zealand team struggled to score runs. In 1 innings we made them all out by 168 runs. In second innings also they struggled and finally we won the match.

               The day before the second match I suddenly felt pain in my right thumb and I was not able to move. Omg will I be able to play the next match????