32. Engagement preparation

Avanthika's POV :

Myself, Appa and Amma dropped Karthick and his family at airport. As soon as we reached home, I asked my parents a doubt which was eating my brain for past two days.

Avi : Amma and Appa are you upset with me.

Amma : To be truthful yes we were. We were not upset because you love someone, we were upset that you didnot confess the matter to us first. Then our anger vanished when your going to be in laws revealed the truth. At that time we were proud to be your parents.

Appa : Though my anger vanished still I was anxious as of how you would accommodate with their family, their customs and traditions. Though we not as rich as them I always treated you like a princess. I was very much anxious and I could not tolerate if you get embarrassed in their family. I don't know how but Karthick identified my state and spoke with me. He was so sincere and his eyes held only truth and love for you. I also noticed in these two days how the entire family treated you and now I am happy that I am going to get the best son in law.

Avi : Thank you Amma and Appa. Now only my mind is in Peace.

By afternoon mom and me decided to go for shopping for engagement. Karthick will do his shopping in Chennai. Then the entire day went in selecting dresses for me Amma and Appa. We also bought jewels. Appa was busy in selecting the proper people for organizing engagement at farm house. Appa reached home way earlier than us. Amma and I reached home by 10.30pm

Karthick's POV :

We reached home by afternoon. All my family members engaged in discussion about shopping. I asked them to select for me according to their choice as Avi will also be not here. By evening I went to practice and came home by 9.00pm. I called Avi to talk. The phone was ringing but she was not picking up the call. I dialled many times but she never picked up. I got terrified. I dialed uncle's number. He was also not picking up. I don't know what to do. I went to mom and asked her whether she spoke with Avi. Amma said she spoke with aunty and they are busy in purchase. I asked about uncle and she said he was busy with other preparations. Only then I was relieved. Yet I have to talk to her. Why can't she attend the call. The time is 11.45pm. Still she hasn't called back. Now this girl is really getting on my nerves. I again called her.

Author's POV :
Avi who was sleeping was woken up by the ringing sound of her phone. Avi spoke in a sleepy tone.

Avi : Hello karthick I will talk to you tomorrow morning.

Karthick lost his mind by Avi's tone. He could not control his anger. He started shouting at avi and Avi got startled by his tone and she was fully awake by then.

Karthick : Do you have any idea what I was going through till now. Don't you have time to pick up your phone. You careless stupid woman. You are not a child just grow up you idiot.

Avi controlled her tears. This is the first time karthick is scolding her. She could not blame him as it was her mistake. She spoke in a broken voice.

Avi : sorry Karthick I went to shopping for our engagement and I forgot to take phone with me. I returned home by 10.30 and I saw missed calls from you. I didnot call back as I know you would sleep by 10. I also know that you would have come home after a long practice session and tomorrow you have to go to gym early morning so I didn't call you back.

Karthick : when you know this much why don't you know that I would be restless if you don't call me back after seeing those many missed calls.

Avi : I don't want to disturb you Karthick. Only this was in my mind. Sorry Karthick. I didn't know you would be this much angry.

Karthick : sorry Avanthika I just lost my mind. I was terrified as you didn't call me back. All worst things came in my mind.

Avi Started to cry. Karthick really has no idea why she is crying now. He even apologized.

Karthick : what happened Avanthika??

Avi : do you hate me??

Karthick : absolutely no.

Avi : Then why are you calling me Avanthika??

Avi again started crying. Karthick could not control his laughter. Now he understood the reason behind her tears.

Karthick : oh so my avi baby is angry since I called her Avanthika. Avi or Avanthika both are mine my darling. Please don't cry. If you cry then your nose will become like red chili.

Avi : I love you Karthick.

Karthick : Am I dreaming my avi is romantic today. It is always me who would be saying all these things. This is the second time you are saying me this. But anyways I love you more than you do.

Avi : are you not feeling tired Karthick? I am so afraid am I being your distraction Karthick.

Karthick : I have said a thousand times not to say these words. You are never my distraction you are always my inspiration. And I am not tired as my energy booster is with me. Don't think too much. Go to sleep. Stay safe. I will call you tomorrow. Attend the call.

Avi : ok Karthick take care. I am always with you. Please control your anger. See the bracelet in your hand. I will come in 2 days. And don't feel guilty that you shouted at me. I am not someone I am your wife. You have all the rights to ask me if something is disturbing you.

Karthick : sleep well Mrs. Karthick. I can't wait to see you here. I love you.

Avi : same here my dear husband.