Hi, I'm Hajime

Hello there, my name is Hajime Hinata. And this is my story of how my life went to complete shit.

Just kidding, it's not that bad.

Ever since I was kid, I've been able to see numbers above people's heads. I've told my parents about it, but they dismissed it as my "imagination". But, I know for a fact, that it wasn't there for show.

I never really understood what it was... until I was 8... god... I was at the park, my older brother, Izuru, had taken me there out of request from our mother. I've told Izuru about the numbers, he was the only one who believed me. I wasn't much for playing in the park, and nether was Izuru, so we decided to sit in the grass and try to figure out the meaning of the numbers. We came up with multiple conclusions, but we quickly shot most of them down. From age 7-13, Izuru had the number 3 above his head... so we couldn't really do to much with that information... one thing we did narrow it down to, that it was on a scale of 1 to probably 10. I had never met someone higher then a 5 at the time.

"Hajime, I see one of my friends over near the playground! I think he has his little sister with him? Let's go over there for now." Izuru had told me. Him being in charge, I agreed and we walked over to his friend and his little sister. They talked for a bit, and I was introduced to Chiaki, his little sister, who is probably my best friend to this day.

I regret the next actions we took, everyday. Chiaki and I got slightly energized, and we decided to run around the park. We ran around for a bit, till we saw this old man. He was tall and lanky, but had a beer belly. Stepping out of his vehicle, he walked towards where Chiaki and I were playing.

"Hey kids... are you hungry?" He asked in such a creepy voice. But, we were only 8, we didn't know any better.

Chiaki and I looked at each other, but nodded. This caused the old man to smile... and it certainly wasn't friendly... that's when I looked above his head.... my breath hitched "8..."

"Follow me, kids~ I have candy and ice cream in my car."

Chiaki held my hand... we were both nervous..

The man had turned around and gave us a questioning look. He hummed "aren't you coming?" We shook our heads 'no', but that wasn't an answer to him. "No? Come on!" He grabbed my wrist. Chiaki let go of my hand and screamed as she ran back towards our brothers. The man had held me in his grasp, I was squirming a lot, which mad him angry. He punched me, and he snapped my arm backwards from the elbow.

I had never seen Izuru run so fast in my life, and his number above his head had changed to a 7. He ran and decked the old man in the face, just barley missing my head... the old man let go of me, and Izuru's friend had grabbed ahold of me, being careful of my arm. He kept punching the old man, while his friend was on the phone with 911.

Eventually, Izuru had tied his belt around the man's arms, and used his friend's belt to tie his legs as we waited for the first responders to come...

Izuru's number never went back down... his number had stayed 7. But he keep me close after that incident. The man was arrested... that day, we came to the conclusion that those numbers were warnings... it was how dangerous that person was.

Well, now you know my story. If you're wondering, I was only able to see my number in a mirror recently. My number is 5, if you're wondering "why's it so high?" It's because Izuru has been working me out, and teaching me survival skills. So, after a little while, he forced me to keep a knife on me at all times. I wouldn't hurt someone willingly, only if needed.

You're probably bored now, let's get on to the main story, of how someone so fragile could be extremely dangerous...