Chapter 37-Tortured

Start from the beginning

A chuckle escaped her lips when she thought about his question.

"If I haven't done what I did, not only would the demons be buried alive, so would every cultivator that stood behind him," she replied weakly.

"I would've never let that happen." Hai Kaung sounded quite confident which surprised Xiu Xiang. Did he really believe that?

"Really? From where I stood, you were ready to sacrifice thousands of lives just so that you could carry out your revenge. Think about that for a second."

The more Hai Kuang thought about it, the more he realized that she was right. That day when the mountain came crashing down, didn't he order his men to charge forward even though he saw the impeding doom before them? If Xiu Xiang hadn't forced the demon clan to retreat first, would they have retreated at all?

As Hai Kuang was in the middle of realizing his mistake, Xiu Xiang turned her attention onto the bickering couple behind him.

"Let me go!" Song Yi Yan managed to break free from Wang Yue. It seemed like she had completely let go of her fake sweet persona that she usually showed Wang Yue.

She only made it a few steps when she froze in place. The first thing she saw were Xiu Xiang's eyes. They were filled with murderous rage and hate. Song Yi Yan had seen those kinds of eyes before. Only one person would stare at her like that even when facing her lethal steel whip.

"Xiu Xiang?" Her voice was barely audible. No one had heard her except for the woman tied up in chains. Song Yi Yan felt a sense of foreboding fear the longer those eyes stared at her. She watched as a smile stretched over Xiu Xiang's face. It was almost a senile kind of smile, like the ones she would make when she watched the people writhe in pain from her steel whip.

"When I get out of here, the first thing I'm going to do is use that whip of yours to torture you slowly. By the time I'm done, you're going to wish you were dead."

A chill ran down Song Yi Yan's back when she heard the threat. Unfortunately for arrogant people like Song Yi Yan, fear tends to easily get replaced with anger.

How dare she threaten her? Who was she to threaten her?

Song Yi Yan swung out her whip, ready to inflict more pain onto her.

Right when the whip was about to land on Xiu Xiang, Hai Kuang's sword flew out to block it. When she saw that the whip had been blocked, she nearly blew a fuse if it wasn't for Wang Yue quietly reminding her that it was unwise to show disrespect toward the new Sect Leader Qiu.

"This woman won't say anything no matter how much pain we inflict on her. I suggest putting her under an illusion. We'll have a better chance of getting information out of her. I'll send a message for someone in my sect," Hai Kuang told them. Neither Wang Yue nor Song Yi Yan rejected the idea. They knew better than to oppose a sect leader.

The moment the three people disappeared through the portal, Xiu Xiang finally breathed out a sigh of relief, giving into the pain and passing out.

Things weren't going too well in the Demon Realm. It's already been days since Hua Jian sent spies out to find information on where Xiu Xiang had been locked up. When nothing turned up, he finally gave in to ask Wei Xing for help. With Bai Qing's moles within Qing Qiu Sect, news were quickly brought back.

"The woman you're looking for is hidden deep within Tian Ling Sect. It's a restricted access that not even my men can get into," Bai Qing explained to Wei Xing and Hua Jian.

"Restricted access? Only you know the ins and out of Tian Ling Sect. You were once an elder." Hua Jian looked at the frowning face of Wei Xing.

This restricted place was a prison hidden deep under Tian Ling Sect. It was a place meant only for the horribly wicked. To think that despicable Hai Kuang would actually put a meager woman like that in there. Was it really that necessary? Wei Xing's fist slammed down on the arm rest of his throne, shattering it to pieces.