-31-

Felicity

So after reading the invitation loud and clear for both Asher and me, I came to know that the host of the party were Mr and Mrs Stone. They were one of the richest family in the city. Mr Stone is a old man, in his mid 50s or something, who married a woman of few years older than my age.

Yes. Mrs Stone is not more than 25 years and again yes, she's a gold-digger. She was a supermodel before meeting Mr Stone and within two months of meeting, they were married. And don't let me get started with their wedding. I think we could have wiped out half of the problem of world hunger by the amount of expenses they wasted on that so called wedding.

This time, it was Mrs Stone's birthday and they wanted to celebrate it as a super grand event. So they decided to organise a Gala.

'Ugh! Another party'

I hate them. I hate these rich people's parties. I hate to dress up. Though the food is always amazing, I hate those nosy fake people. Mostly I hate how every female species eyes Asher like a piece of meat. He's not mine, I know, but he is not their either.

"Send them an email saying we're attending" he simply said.

"We? You'll bring a date?" I tried to sound innocent and unbothered, despite of the heartache I was feeling suddenly just by thinking about him with some other girl.

'Don't show your feelings Felicity. It hurt but this is just infatuation. Besides, he didn't said he'll bring a date right?

Please say no. Please say no. Pl-'

"I don't do dates Felicity. I don't have time to waste on these nonsense"

'Yay but ouch!'

Of course he thinks relationships and dating are stupid. I mean who doesn't?
Other than us - hopeless romantic creatures, who develops a crush on someone irrespective of time and place, who likes to think different scenarios with them knowing none will ever happen and can't stop fangirling about them almost half of the day - everyone hates relationship and dating.

"So 'we' as in us? You and me? I have to attend the party?" I gasped in disappointment.

He shot me a look as if saying 'stop being so dramatic' but I can't help it. Remember my hate for them?
Another headache is that if I've to go to the party then I need a new dress. And since it's a Gala, I have to dress fancy and shiny. At least I have to look better than that invitation card.

"What made you think you're not going? You're my assistant. You'll accompany me everywhere" I heard him saying, stopping me from overthinking about the event.

Being Mr Knight's assistant makes it mandatory for me to attend this social gatherings. Just to make sure if anything happens regarding business, I would be there to note everything down.

I scrunch my nose thinking why does he have to crack a deal there. Come on man, it'll be a birthday party. People normally don't do business in these kinds of parties.

"I'll send the email then. Should I select a gift for her too?" I asked. And he only nodded.

Lastly, after informing him about his schedule, I returned to my cabin. I called Blue Moon, the jewelry shop, and ordered some pieces of jewelry for Mrs Stone. When you know how's your host is, it's easy for you to select gifts for them. In this case, I think the whole world knows Mrs Britney Stone is a gold digger. So let's gift her some more riches to love.

When the clock struck 11, we got into his car and drove off to check the new hotel. It was a hotel he brought, so the place was still undergoing renovations and some construction. It was almost done but few final things were remaining.