-33-

Asher

To be honest, there's no need to take your assistant to such parties. But knowing Felicity will be there with me, gives me some patience to even think about the gala.

Besides, her reaction while looking at the invitation was priceless. Her irritation was clearly visible to naked eyes. It'll be fun to have her there tomorrow. Her honest and immediate reactions never cease to amaze me

".... Sir, that was my idea. Thank you" the presenter concluded.

But for now, I've to bear this annoying meeting.

I frowned looking at his stupid work. How he even became the HOD is beyond my knowledge. He doesn't even know how to present an idea properly.

'Idiot'

"Do you think if you go out with that idea, people will accept you?" I rubbed my temple, which was starting to hurt and it's not even 10 in the morning.

"B-but sir, Mrs Sallow approv-"

"Mrs Sallow is your boss. Not mine" I said calmly, "Don't forget I own the highest shares of the company. So technically I'm everyone's Boss. If I don't approve of something, it won't happen"

"Yes S-Sir" Fear. The one thing I enjoy seeing in others.

Except for the woman sitting on my right, with a sympathy look on her face.

"Redo it. I want a fresh idea with a proper presentation by noon. And if you fail to do it, I'll make sure you never enter your office again. Each one of you" saying this I got up and walked out of the suffocating conference room.

Felicity flashed a sorry look to the guy before following me. She always does that. She may not have noticed me watching, but it never skips my eye. Whenever and wherever I behave rudely to someone, she's the one saying sorry on my behalf. Sometimes verbally, other times by expression.

One can't blame me though. Sometimes it hard to keep your cool.

"Should I bring you some coffee, sir?" Her soft voice asked as we entered my cabin.

"Yes. And bring the files for the new project" I added. She nodded once and walked out.

Watching her go, I remembered her idea about the antique shop back in the hotel. She was genuinely excited about the idea. The way her eyes shone while talking about the idea made it hard not to accept it.

Little did she know, that wall was the entry door to the basement, a basement she'll definitely hate. The painting she was fixing was more than a painting and that hotel is not just some ordinary place.

"Here" she smiled lightly placing a hot cup of coffee. She placed the files on the table and left after I dismissed her.

I checked the documents for the new project and called for an online conference meeting with the men working on it. After another dumb meeting with another batch of morons, I looked at the clock and saw it was nearly lunch hour.

Completing some paper works, I called Felicity and ask her to grab lunches for both of us. Few seconds later, she entered my cabin, seeming to ask something.

"Should I grab something for the guys working on the presentation too?" She asked with a hint of nervousness.

"No need. They aren't having lunch today" I continued my work on laptop. If she thinks I'll pity those losers, then she's wrong. I don't give a fuck for them.

"But sir, they're working since morning. They didn't even took a coffee break. Maybe I can give them some coffee?" She bite the corner of her lip lightly while fidgettig her fingers.