Rory exhales shakily, nodding. "I want to be left down here. It's for my own good," she says, determined. Klaus looks crestfallen at her response, but nods nonetheless. "Do you have any idea where Finn is?"

   "No, I'm afraid I don't. Kol, Davina and I have been searching up and down the city. He's nowhere to be found. It's like he disappeared," Klaus pursed his lips. "Davina thinks he's channelling something to block their locator spells."

   "Well, this is just great," Rory looks up at the ceiling. "They don't, by any chance, have a way of fixing me, do they?"

   "I'm sorry, love. They don't,"

   "Okay," Rory sighs. "Okay, that's fine."

   Klaus gives her a small, hesitant smile. "I'll come back to check on you in a few more hours, alright? I have to leave for a while—Rebekah is missing,"

   Rory frowns. "Where'd she go? Did Esther do someth—"

   "Not Esther. Kol," Klaus presses his fingers against the bridge of his nose. "Instead of transferring Rebekah's soul to our agreed vessel, he decided to pull one over us and put her in someone else's, and we've no idea where she is."

   "Are you serious?" Rory questions incredulously.

   "Unfortunately,"

   "Well, you should probably go ahead and fix that," she mutters, slouching in her seat. "I'll be here. Rotting. With nowhere else to go."

   Klaus gives her a sympathetic smile, patting her hand. "I'll see you later,"

   Rory only musters another grimace.

⋆。˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆

   Rory doesn't know how much time has passed, but Klaus doesn't return. He does send a vampire down with a few blood bags that Rory empties within a few seconds, and the vampire does let her know that the hybrid had run into certain complications. Rory doesn't bother to ask what the "complications" were, because it's clear he's been compelled considering he forgets why he's there as soon as he places the blood bags in front of Rory.

   She thinks it's been two days—or maybe she's just dramatic and she's overexaggerating the amount of time that's passed—when the door finally opens again. She looks up to see not Klaus, but Dean standing in front of her. She's surprised to see him, but she's at least glad to know that he's alive.

   "Dean," she greets. She's hyperaware of the distance that he keeps from her despite her being strapped to a chair. It hurts her, and she knows that he's frightened, but she can't blame him. She would be too.

   "Hey," he says. "Sam doesn't know I'm here."

   "Does Klaus?"

   "He hasn't been in the compound lately. Finn kidnapped Marcel," Dean scratches the back of his neck. "Everyone's been pretty much running around like headless chickens. It's why it took me so long to come down and see you. That, and..."

   "And that you were afraid of me," Rory finishes.

   Dean sighs, looking down at his hands. "It's nothing against you, Rory—"

   "Don't explain yourself to me, Dean. You don't have to. I understand. I'd be afraid of me too. Honestly, I just..." Rory trails off. "I'm sorry that I hurt you. I didn't know what came over me."

   "It's fine,"

   "It's not fine. It's not fine and you know it isn't," Rory argues. "I could've killed you. If Sam wasn't there... god, Sam was there and I almost killed him. I can't trust myself around anyone anymore."