ONE.

ADRIAN !
════════════════════

          THE MORNING WAS always the worst time for Adrian. She hated the thought of getting up. The comfort from her bed; so nice, so warm, and gave her the perfect amount of incentive to not want to get out of the tangled comforter. But she knew that she was going to have to eventually. Especially with the loud, blaring music coming from the alarm clock Leo had made for her.

          The sun hadn't even risen above the horizon yet; however, that didn't stop the remaining night sky from peaking in the window. It lit up most of the cabin and a lot of the light ended up landing on Nico. Already having shut the alarm off and stopping the current song mid sentence, Adrian wanted to avoid waking up the tired teen. Her brother was probably the worst she knew of when it came to his own sleep schedule. There had been countless nights where she had caught him up at night reading some book that she had checked out from the library from her school. Yes, she could have borrowed a book from the Athena cabin; she was well aware that the cabin had a whole assortment of books for everything. However, there was a certain look some of the Athena children got when she was handling one of their books like she was going to fold the corner of the page, rip it in some way, or just destroy the book all together. And although she was very careful with books in general, she would rather not have someone breath down her neck.

          But all that was besides the point. Ever since she had known him, he never had a good night's sleep. At first, she thought he had always looked tired. He was pale, with dark circles under his eyes and who was she to assume that he wasn't sleeping well? Some people just naturally had dark circles. Then she had one of those mornings where her body woke up at one of the worst possible times and she discovered him wide awake reading one of the books she had brought back to the cabin.

          So, she never woke him up in the morning. She didn't have the heart to, not when he was completely and heavily asleep. One of the pillows that he had been sleeping on had fallen on the floor, as much of the comforter had too. His body was leaning over the edge of the mattress, his fingertips almost barely touching the cabin's floor and his snores echoing greatly. Instead, she would silently tiptoe throughout the cabin and make her way around getting herself ready. She put together her purse, gathering her things that she needed for class. Especially her mechanical pencil that turned into her sword and the special computer Leo had also made for her so she could do her work. It would often be a thought in the back of her mind that she really needed to do something nice for Leo at this point with all the things he makes for everyone.

          With all this bearing in mind, getting up in the morning used to be the worst time for Adrian. Meaning getting up in the morning wasn't so much of a drudgery anymore. Her school was the only place now that she wanted to be. Maybe that was selfish. Maybe she shouldn't phrase it like that. But it was like dangling a carrot in front of her. Because when she got up in the morning, the only thing that made her excited for the day was being able to see him again.

          For some odd and perhaps cruel reason, Jason Graces' ghost haunts her on the grounds of her college campus that she decided to attend. She didn't know why; why he was there or why that exact place. Better yet, she didn't know how he was even there. But he was. And as a child of Hades it never made sense to her, which scared her. She should know and she doesn't. She didn't know what it meant and she was afraid to ask and find out. What if she told anyone about it? Would they call her crazy? Would it do more damage than when he actually died?

          She thought about it often but she couldn't help it. Maybe it would be a good idea to talk to Jason about it, because she felt so guilty.

          Adrian felt her heart race with anxiety. She tried shaking it off because she hated the feeling. Breathing heavily to try and calm herself, she took out a sticky note and wrote a little message about where she was going and flicked onto Nico's bed. Not that she was going anywhere but her campus; however, she could never be too careful. She didn't want him worrying. After taking one last look around the cabin, she secured the handle to her purse and walked through the shadows.

・゚ *๑՞ ₊∘

════════════════════
A's QUICK NOTES !

first chapter is done! i have decided that when the chapter feels like it is done then it'll be done,, im not going to push the word limit out further because then i will never be satisfied with a chapter & you guys will never be able to read anything lmaoo

im so excited for this revamped plot i can't wait to get more into it. we will get soulless Jason but first we must have ghost Jason.

also sorry for taking so long,, i had some personal issues to attend to & my mental health wasn't the greatest. thank you for staying patient with me,, I APPRECIATE IT 🤍🤍.

written / updated on: July 8, 2022