36 |

🖤 Authors Note: Hi everyone! I just wanted to thank you all for continually reading and supporting all of the characters —and me! You guys are the best and I always read each and every comment. You never cease to put a smile on my face, so, thanks for all the love! Please remember to vote and follow me for more announcements 🖤

~

The blue dress hugged every part of my body that I wanted to hide. I had no problem dressing up and going out but this thin material clung to every imperfection. Although my body was much more muscular and toned than before, I would always pick apart my smallest insecurities. I don't know a girl who hasn't. It was unlike the dresses I wore clubbing, and the occasion was in an entirely different realm. I would much rather be in modest fashion but Klayton explained to me that this was not how these meetings ran.

I was getting prom flashbacks when I stepped out of the room. I imagined Ken Hudgens, the skinny freckled redhead who had been my senior date. I had just broken up with my boyfriend at the time, and Ken had always been there for me. A true gentleman.
He had given me a crooked smile and a sly wink, causing a blush to rise to my cheek. Despite his child-like demeanour, he had an air of confidence that surrounded him.

I was surprised to find no one outside the room —not Klayton or even Issac. I wiped my hands nervously against the dress attempting to make the fabric lay flat. It was a feeble attempt that only made my breath come out shakier.

In the back of my head, I was still thinking about Embry and the book, and how on earth I was going to get him out. I had thought about going back to see the witch but I wasn't sure if she was going to be able to help. This magic seemed old and different than the natural magic she had seemed to practice. However, my nerves from this evening seemed to outweigh any of that.

There was no denying that I was anxious. It was not only the first time that I would be presented formally as Klayton's Luna, but it was the first time I would see him truly fulfilling his duty as an Alpha.

It was a side of him that he had kept hidden, he would always hide in his office and have meetings about only the Goddess knows what.

He didn't even let me watch him or anyone else train. I wasn't even aware of the magnitude of Klayton's job until I was brought here. I thought his pack didn't extend beyond Myersdale.

Boy was I wrong.

We had driven hours but he had told me we were still on his property lines.

I looked around the hallway to find it deserted, and I wasn't going to stand around like a damsel waiting for her guard. I walked down the hall, my heels quickly making my ankles sore. I tore them off my feet and let my feet hit the carpeted floor instead. I let out a sigh, feeling a relief finally.

Rounding the corner, I hit what at first I thought was a brick wall. Except it was breathing; I was looking up into the black eyes of a stranger. It was obvious he was a werewolf —his height and build gave him away swiftly. At closer inspection, you could see the sharp features he adorned, another dead giveaway of his true identity. He was attractive —this was undeniable, but not as attractive as Klayton in my eyes.

I find myself paralyzed, a tight grip wraps around my arm and I am pulled against the wall.

"Girls like you shouldn't be around here alone."

It is like there is a frog caught in my throat suddenly. I open my mouth to speak, to only let my jaw hang silently.

And then he sniffed me.

I leaned backwards as his lips came closer to my mark; inhaling my scent.

"Interesting, by the looks of you I would have thought you were human."