8 |

🖤 PLEASE VOTE 🖤

My printer hummed and I could hear the pages of my essay being ejected from it. My brain was swimming with images of werewolves, and I felt like I was suffocating. Words seemed to float behind my eyes. All this research almost had me convinced that these creatures existed at one point.

Something nags at me, and images of Klayton continuously pops up in my mind. I go over to my backpack and pull out the small red book that was located inside of it.

I wasn't allowed to check it out. In fact, most things from that section of the library were private and were prohibited from being taken outside the walls of the library. So I did what anyone would do in that scenario.

I had to pretend to be using the washroom to sneak it into my bag.

I'm only borrowing it.

I begin to feel the soft edges of the cover and look for any indication of the artist's name on it. I place it down on the kitchen table with a sigh, unable to find anything.

My room suddenly became silent as the printer stopped whirring.

I organized the papers. The top page simply read:

Myersdale: The Theorized Home of The Moon Goddess and Creation Site of The Lycanthrope Species

At the sight of the paper, a surge of anger went through me. I wanted to tear it to pieces. Hours of my hard work that seemed worthless now. I really should have been doing research on Klayton.

God, why does he intrigue me so much? My true research was just beginning...

I pull the Ancient History syllabus up on my laptop. Office hours are listed at the top.

Friday's: 10:00am-11:00am

Guess tomorrow I'll have to pay him a visit.

I sit in bed with the red book and I examine each page one by one. Eventually, I find one drawing that seems to be signed. On the corner of the thick parchment page, there is a small set of initials.

A.T.

I don't know what to make of it, but I mark the page with a small fold in the corner. Later on that night, I fall asleep with the small red book tucked in my arms, after looking into the eyes of my Professor scattered throughout the many pages.

~

I dream about the Moon Goddess.

I had done so much reading about her that I felt I would recognize her, but nevertheless I'd been shocked by her appearance in my dream. Although, the aura she gives off is unmistakable. I knew it to be her.

She appears to me as a powerful hunter, with a bow and arrow slung across her back. We sit together in a meadow, the moonlight our only source of illumination.

We sit in silence; she doesn't speak until I ask her my most pressing question.

"Why did you create these monsters?" I say softly, still entranced by her powerful aura. "These werewolves?"

"I am a slave to the moon, and it can be so lonely at night," She speaks as if picking each word carefully before speaking. I'm mesmerized with every word. Her voice makes my insides warm, as if the words are drenched in liquid gold.

As if I snapped out of a trance, her ringing words finally resonate through me. Her answer actually catches me by surprise. She continues on.

"The first one I made was my favourite, but his fate is not with me. It's with you," She whispers hoarsely.