25 |

A/N:
🖤 There are some *activities* in this chapter that I do not encourage for safety reasons. Have fun reading ;) and don't forget to vote and comment. Love you all! Follow me for updates 🖤

"Ex," I spat and glare to Destiny. She rolls her eyes in response.

"Whatever you say, honey. He pushed her off before she could continue whatever she wanted from him with that kiss."

"How can you be so sure?" She looks at me as if saying 'do you know who I am?'. Now it's my turn to roll my eyes at her.

"She needed to break your bond to make sure you didn't mate with one another— you would be collecting his piece of her soul if that happens. It would make you stronger,"

"Mate with him?"

"Have you not gotten that far into your books?"

"Uhhh."

"Never mind. You'll find out soon enough," she tells me while brushing it off. "For now, you have to leave here. Klayton is looking for you and Artemis cannot know what I have told you. You have to pretend to not know anything about this. Do you understand?"

"Yes, I understand."

Her second disappearance of the night made me wonder why Destiny never stuck around to see Klayton? Maybe because it meant Artemis wasn't too far away.

The thought makes my stomach roll and I decide that now is not the time to tell Klayton this new information. I needed to dwell on it for a while and figure it out for myself.

I turn to see Klayton running and making his way towards me. It is one of the first times that my heart doesn't flutter when I see him. There was just too much floating around in my head —one of them being the ever repeating image of Artemis kissing him.

His arms engulf and I feel the need to cry, my legs start to give out but I catch myself. Klayton looks down at me with concern.

"You need to sleep, this is too much information for a human."

A pang of hurt strikes through me. Is that all I am to him? The weak human? Was I even fully human?  The effects of not being able to feel the mate bond were starting to take their toll on my mental capacity.

He pushes his lips into my hair and inhales before grabbing my hand and pulling me back towards the gates. I don't say a word as he leads me back towards the poorly parked car on the road. I had been in such a rage I don't even remember the drive here fully.

"How did you get here?" I questioned, not seeing another vehicle in the area.

"I ran. I was so worried, and I know you took my car..." he said it menacingly but shrugged it off, the anger disappearing.

Cars are too slow for this Alpha anyways.

His wolf must be very fast, probably because he is an Alpha. I wonder if I'll ever get to see that?

As we got closer to the car he slyly slid his hand into my pocket, where I held the keys. I slapped at his hand and scowled at him.

"I am fully capable of driving Klayton." But, the next thing I know the keys are out of my pocket and dangling in his hand. He held them up, just out of my reach. I jumped for them once and he just smirked at my lame attempt. I just did not have the energy.

I sighed as I watched him unlock the doors as I walked around to the passenger seat. I got in the car and as he started driving I just looked straight forward, still harbouring a grudge. Destiny said Klayton didn't kiss Artemis back, but, why did he even let her get that close? Why had I let them go into a room together?