Chapter 25: No favours.

AALIA'S POV(excerpts from her diary)

As soon as they walk out Neha motions towards the study. She says that she put a recorder in the pendant in sign language.

We run towards the study, turn the app of the recorder device on.

" I want them all dead. I kept my side of the deal, now do what you promised."

"Don't worry Amaan, I will kill them and you will get to see them die, one by one but first let my agenda be finished." replies Bhatia

"And what is that?" asks Amaan.

"Not so soon, lover boy. I don't trust you yet, besides they may have acted smart and put in a recorder inside. I have to leave tonight for Delhi, and I dont trust anyone with the pen drive, so I am going to take it with me." he answers

"But don't you want to check if they've bugged it." Amaan asks

"I am going to find out, don't worry." Bhatia replies

"Without a technician?"

"Yes" 

"And how will you do that?" He asks.

"Have you bugged the villa like I asked you too?"

"Yes but only the study and Aalia bedroom."

Bhatia chuckles. "So that you know when they get intimate with each other? You're not  really over her yet, are you?"

"No and ill never get over her but this obsession is driving me mad, I don't want her to even breathe anywhere near me. I wont think twice before killing her.

"Great. So I have my eyes on Punit. He is with Raj. Once my flight takes off, my men are going to finish them both along with their accomplice." He says.

"Sweet." Amaan replies.

"No more talking about any of this." Bhatia states. " Now lets see what those idiots are doing."

I motion for others to leave the room immediately. I quickly shut the monitor and hug Arjun who is about to leave the room.

"What are you doing?" Arjun whispers in my ear.

"Adding coal to the fire." I reply.

"Aalia. Your friends are in danger. My friends are in danger and all you can think about is adding coal to the fire? I don't want be a part if this sick game between you and Amaan okay." He whispers

He pushes me away.

" I need some space right now." He speaks aloud and walks away.

I take a deep breath. What is wrong with me? Arjun is right, Punit maybe in danger and all I am worried about is getting Amaan more riled up. I need help.

I step out in the living room. Alistair is sitting in a corner next to Neel. Rhea is looking out of the window and Arjun is patching Neha's lip. I go and stand next to the door. She smiles at him, once he is done , he smile back, a genuine smile. And hugs her. Comforting her, she melts in that hug.

I cant help but think about what my first ever boyfriend had said,' You cant be loved, Aalia. You're broken beyond help. You try to act all fine and shit, but you're clearly not, You are becoming more and more self centred. You need to seek help, join therapy. You've gone through a loss, I understand but you're not worth it. I cant help but wonder if you ever can be loved."

He was right and so was Amaan, I had become self centred, well guess what happens to kids who don't have parents to look after them anymore. They have to become self centred they have to learn to take care of themselves because no one else will.

I look at each one of them, they were not meeting my eyes.

I take a pen and a paper and write, I dint want to take a chance, what if the bug caught our conversation.

"He is bluffing. He doesn't have eyes on Punit, If he did, He would have disclosed the location."

Rhea looks up at me a look of disgust crosses her face and she looks away.

"You guys really think I am a stuck up bitch? Who thinks of no one else but herself! Really? Wow because since we got caught up in this mess all I can think about is your safety about how to kepp all of you safe, I cant sleep at night, more like I don't. I walk the corridors to guard ya'll while you sleep your asses off." I say angrily One of the reasons I had gotten close to Arjun was this, we both couldn't sleep on most nights. Sometimes we patrolled alone while the other slept sometimes we'd do it together.

"You aren't doing us any favour Aalia." Rhea shouts.

***********************************************************************************************

[A/N] Hope yall are well and safe. Take care! <3