Chapter 9: And all hell broke loose

AALIA'S POV(excerpts from her diary)      

I don't have much time" he says dangerously, his hand on the trigger.

I look at Punit hoping he would say yes. I don't want his blood on my hands and after what Mr. Bhatia told me and if I don't have any other option, except In or death, I will chose death and I don't want these two to die in vain. They should choose in. Our eyes meet and I beg him with my eyes to say yes. his face shifts and in his eyes I can see determination, Either this is very good, which means he will say yes or this is very, VERY bad.

"What makes you think that after you killed my Bestfriends entire family, Ill be your lapdog?" he says which kinda makes me proud but angry at this idiot at the same time.

"So that is an ou..."

Before Mr. Bhatia can complete the sentence, the presentation board behind him lights up with a RAW communications call.

It was a call from the Colonel.

"Agents come in ASAP." Mr. Bhatia shouts out in his Bluetooth.

Neha and Rhea dash in.

"Colonels call. You know what to do." He says to them. " Where is Alistair? This is an emergency!"

"He's got his own emergency In the toilet boss." Neha says. Oh how I hate that voice now. She drags my chair out of the room and then she injects me with something. I wait for the darkness to consume me.

................................

"She should be up in about 53 seconds, this time I gave her a timed injection." I hear Neha say as I try to take my surrounding in without making it obvious that I was already awake.

I open my eyes and try to get up. There is a buzzing ache in my head. The entire room is white with no windows, one door and one huge mirror, behind which is the monitor room. I am in a cell, this ones an ultra modern jail. We keep high profile criminals here for you know, interrogation. This room has 10 transparent boxes of 10 by 10 feet. These have speakers and many such things which I don't want tried on me. Key word, Dangerous.

"So where were we before we were rudely interrupted by the Colonel or should I say Mr. Alistair who had his 'emergency' in the toilet. You shall be punished and you know what is a traitors punishment? Guess? Its death." Bhatia was damn angry.

I look around to see that Along with Punit and Amaan, Alistair was also in one of the cells.

"Punishment reminds me that I have a surprise for you Miss Aalia, Aarth Show yourself." Bhatia says just as the mirror turns its brightness down and I see my nephew after almost a year behind the monitors.

"Meet Agent Aarth, The murderer of Mr. Qureshi." He smirks

Honestly. I am numb, I cant take anymore shocks today. I look at Aarth, a defeated look on my face, His evil smile falters for a second before his mask is back on. He was an agent now.

"Aarth, my son. Time for the punishment." He speaks so sweetly that I almost puke.

"Yes Boss! Right Away." Aarth replies.

For a while nothing happens but then suddenly there is a loud banging from the adejecent cell, the one is which Alistair was kept. My body turns cold. That monster was going to kill Alistair by blocking the air supply to his cell.

"STOP IT AARTH ! Is there any humanity left in you?" I ask. I turn to look at Alistair. He was cluthing his throat, the lack of oxygen killing him slowly. His state snaps me out of this numbness. I get up. I am his fucking Aunt. I did not raise him to be a monster.

"Go on, Kill him like you killed your own grandfather. After that kill me. And I will finally be rid of Living with the guilt of raising a coward like you. Raghav and Aayesha would have been so disappointed that they would disown you a million times, had they been alive. Thank God they are not!" I say and give him my stern look.

"AARTH NOW!" Neha screams and the lights go out. But I am able to see, someone put Night vision lenses in my eyes.

"What is happening?" Bhatia screams.

Our cells open up and I run out towards Alistair's cell. Neha motions me not to speak anything. I notice everyone of us in the room except Bhatia is unaffected by the darkness. The door opens and Aarth comes in. He stands behind a very angry and very confused Bhatia and hits him on the head, he falls down on the ground.

"We need to leave right now. The others are on their way." Aarth says.

"Aalia, Amaan and Punit. I know this is a lot to take in but if we want to stay alive, then you'll need to trust me for once and we need to leave. ASAP." Neha says and opens the door and we all move out, into the passageway towards the exit.

"The exit would be a bad idea." Alistair says. "How about we jump out of the 2nd floor window on the East side? Of our bunker? There is a the small hole in the wall."

" Yes. If there are more men with this monster than they would be blocking the exits." I say and we all run towards the stairs onto the second floor. The jump wasn't high but the risk was in being seen. There were those guys in black uniform taking rounds.

The building we were in was in a rundown mill which was shut down about ages ago due to paranormal sightings. After a few years of being completely empty, and growing wilderness RAW put up a base here. This building where the base was, was an oval shaped small 3 storeyed building. It has training rooms, our bunkers where we sleep in if it gets too late to go back to our apartments. It had our own individual offices as well. And I haven't seen any ghosts here except one monster, that's Bhatia if you have not figured it out already.

"Move it." I say and harshly push against Neha and Aarth towards the window. I wait till I see the men on patrol turn around the corner and then I quickly jump over and hold onto the pipe and slide down. I take shelter behind some overgrown bushes and the dart off towards the small hole and out of the mill compound. Not looking back or waiting for the others to catch up with me.