chapter 6: Handsome Stranger again

AALIA'S POV(excerpts from her diary)

"Take this. Leave. Just don't dent it, Please." The guy on the sports bike removed his helmet. It was that building guy.

"How...."

"Why, when can be done later, cupcake. They will kill you. Take it and leave." He replied. Punit dint have to be told twice. He took the keys from him and started the engine again.

"You coming or not?" he asked.

"I promise, Ill answer all your questions soon." He said as he began backing away. Punit started the bike, I looked behind to see that guy jump over the small wall onto the beach.

Punit drove until we were a fair distance away for there.

"Do you know the bike guy?" I asked

"No, I thought you did."

"No, but this is the second time he has helped me out." I say

"yeah? Well who cares who he is, he just saved us a lot of calories."

"Funny. Now where do we go?"

"Exactly what I was going to ask you. Lets rule out the base. Or our appartments." He says

"Do you really think, Neha..." I trail off.

"NO. she maybe a lot of things but not a traitor who kills her friends." He said "Look at me Aalia."

He said when I dint look conviced. "we six are the only people we have in our lives and trust more than anything else. If it comes down to it, we can die for each other, remember that. That's all the matters. Friendship before mission, any day." He said smiling reassuringly " And besides your loverboy knows how to fight."

I felt like an idiot to have even thought about Neha killing Amaan, she considered him her brother. Now was the time to think about where would they be.

" If Neha has recievd that message she would have understood that we were compromised, In which case, there is only one place they could go." I say a smile playing on my lips.

"The treehouse! Lets go, get on the bike."

On one of our missions, things had gone horribly wrong and we had to bolt, we reached the gate of the base but couldn't go inside without giving up the secret. So we diverted towards a small garden nearby. There was a tree house there, we had stayed there for 2 days in hiding. Nobody knew of it except us 4. We had decided it would serve as our emergence base.

We were a lane away from the garden. We parked the bike behind a huge tree. And strted walking towared the garden. We quietly climbed onto the tree house, it was very dark and it took some time for my eyes to adjust.

"Aalia?" Amaaans soft voice echoched in the dark. I quickly ran towards the voice and threw my hands over his neck.

"Are you okay?" I asked concern dripping of my voice.

"Yes." He asnswered as a small light bulb switched on.

"I figured you'll would come here." Neha said.

"Yeah, I hope you'll know and have thrown whatever device you'll had on you'll, that would give away our location?"

"Yes I thought I read the message wrong and then I got Alistairs message as well and understood something was wrong. We threw our buzzers in the ocean and came straight here."

"Yes, but what now?" Punit asked sitting down beside me.

"Do youll want some?" Neha asked removing a small bottle out of her hoddie.

"I am thirsty as fuck." Punit says

"Save some for me." I say

"Me too."

"Whats the update Aalia, any intel on why such a weird order?" Neha asks.

"He wants us all dead, apart from that, I am just as clueless as you'll."I say as I take a swig of water and pass it on to Amaan. Tireness begings settling down on me as the aderline rush dissapperas.

"I am so tired." Punit says just as my eyes beging to close, Amaans head rolles down on my shoulder and punit's on my lap as I realise it a bit too late that we had been betrayed.

"Goodnight Sweethearts." That's the last thing I hear neha say as I am embraced by the dark.