Chapter 17: A band of baboons.

AALIA'S POV(excerpts from her diary) 

"What are we then? A band of baboons?" Punit replies on the Bluetooth.

"Yes, Babbling bumbling band of baboons." Alistair replies.Had this been some other time I would have smiled at the Harry Potter reference.

"After we spoke that night, after I told you about my obsession with that girl. I went to the office the next day and I overheard my head talking to some important guy, who told my boss that the phantom team was dissolved when the Shah family was killed, about 5 years back.it was just too dangerous. First the agents were killed, Raghav and Aayesha.., Why am I tell you all this. You don't know them." He laughs nervously.

"Oh no, Interesting story, go on please." I say smiling.

"Okay, so 2-3 years after those agents were killed, their entire family was cleaned up. Like nobody survived. Like those two were married no. So Raghav's parents, his very young son his 15-16 year old sister everyone of them were killed. So after that incident the phantom team was shut down. And that the Rumors about the Aalia girl and that Arjun guy were spread among the members to keep the RAW feared.That guy who was telling my boss this was the then head of the Phantom team."

"You don't remember his name it seems?" I probe.

"Yeah I think it was some Rikhil, no no Mikhil bhath.. bhatida."

"Do you mean Nikhil Bhatiya?"

"Oh yes yes." He says remembering and the suddenly his eye glisten and a look of seriousness crosses his eyes. Something cold and hard is pressed against my stomach.

""Dude he got a gun!" Arjun panicked voice rings through the MP.

"Bhavya. I told you, I am Aalia. The Aalia."

"Put your gun down you piece of shit." Arjuns angry voice is right behind Bhavya. He had to show off.

I quietly go and stand between the boys.

"Guys we don't need a scene here. Bhavya meet Arjun. I know its too much to take in but please believe me. Lives of 7 people are dependent on me, Including a 14 year old kid's, Please understand Bhavya. Just tell me if you can help us or not. If you say a no, we will just turn around and leave. Please?"

"Aalia.." He sighs a look of worry crosses his face.

"Every 3 months all the heads meet up to discuss their progresses. But this time this meeting is taking place in the interval of a month. There is some big announcement on the way. Now the Chairperson precedes over the meeting. He isn't exactly the leader but he keeps in check the departments. You can tell him about your problem, he might be able to help you." Bhavya says.

"We know all this. When is this meeting? " Arjun stresses.

"Next Saturday, where it usually is at the Mumbai Head quarters."

" Can you get us in?" I ask.

"Afraid not. I leave for Belgium Tonight, had I been positioned there I would have been able to but Since I wont be present there, I cannot. Sorry." he replies.

"That would be all then. Thank you so much Bhavya" I give give him a smile and hug him.

"I am sorry angel. Really am. Take care of yourself, alright?" He replies.

"She will. Don't worry. Thanks bud." Arjun supplies for me. "Lets leave Cheesecake." I smile and walk past Bhavya. And Arjun gives him a sour once over while he walked past him.

"What was all that about!?" Neha's voice crackles. I can see her some distance away with Rhea gulping down what it seems to be the third glass of lemonade.

"Lets get going guys."