Chapter 10: Time for some Truth

AALIA'S POV(excerpts from her diary)

I cross the garden with the tree house. Bhatia had put up guards in the garden as well. Bloody Criminal. I was beyond pissed and Upset. I don't do emotions but you get that gloomy sad mood, where everything seems lost? Well that was what I was feeling.

"Fia, Fia Stop. Listen to me." Aarth runs up behind me.

"What more is left to listen, Mr. Aarth?" I ask. Everyone catches up to us. Finally.

"Aalia. Just listen to what we both have to say and then take your decision. Amaan please, You too." Neha says.

"I give you five minutes to explain your shit and after that I wont ever want to see your faces." I say

"Okay, After I shifted back to Pune for my studies, two years back. Bhatia Uncle met me and told me the reason you would disappear for so many days at a stretch. He told me what you were doing and I wanted to be like you. Brave and Fearless, fighting against terrorism, which killed my parents and my baby sibling. I trained for the two years and then a night before I was supposed to be given my first assignment, 6 months back, Nanu(grandfather) called me and told me I was supposed to kill him. He wanted me to do it than an other person." He says as tears stream down his face. How I wish to pull him into my arms and tell him its fine, but I need to know.

"I begged him not to do this to me but he said that if I said no, they will send somebody else to kill him. He would rather die by his grandsons hands. The others wont show pity on him and give him a lot of pain before killing him, hence I would have to be the one to do it." He breaks down. What kind of a grandfather he was? Asking his own grandson to see him die, kill him. Get his grandsons hands covered in blood.

"The next day, I was given the assignment which was to 'Shoot, Mr. Qureshi dead.' I asked why. they said he was a traitor. I had to do it. I had promised granddad Fia, I saw him die. I killed him Fia." He falls down on his knees. I take him into my arms, a few tears stream down my cheeks. I look up to see Amaan trying to stop the tears streaming down his face.

"Granddad made me promise to work for Bhatia Uncle, do whatever he says until you both know of the truth. He told me to tell you both that you cant save something that is hollow from the inside."

A knowing look crosses mine and Amaans face. Hollow from the inside. Mr. Qureshi knew, he knew Bhatia killed my brother hence Bhatia arranged to kill him at the hands of his own daughters child. This man would bring satan to shame.

" I am sorry Fia, Please kill me. I cant live with the guilt. Please." Aarth holds out his hands and pleads. I cant look at his state.

"Look me in the eye and say it." I say

He just looks down and keeps on crying.

"Everything is going to be fine Neel. Trust me. Ill make sure of it." He looks up at the mention of his real name.

"Fia..."

"Shhh." I just hold him tight. I remember when I held him for the first time. My baby had grown up.

"Alistair, Rhea and I knew something was up when we first saw Aarth with Bhatia sir, that Bastard, We had to know whats up but we couldn't dig up anything without him coming to know, so we behaved as if we hated you and it got his attention. He told us about his plan, and I guessed it had something to do with your families. So we acted like we were his loyal lapdogs, he told us what he was going to do with you. And the rest you know. I spiked your water and put in night lenses in your eyes so that at right time we could leave from there. Sorry for what we did but it was only to look out for you both." Neha spills out with tears in her eyes.

"Whats the POA now?" I ask.

"Do you think your guy could help us out?" Punit asks.

"Who guy? Ohh yes, him. We could try, but I don't even know his name."

"He gave you his SPORTS BIKE dude. And dint give you his name or number. What does he think he is, God? He cant always be there when you need help!" Punit exclaims

Bike... Could he have? The bike was on the other side of the garden. It was risky but I had to do it.

"Guys. We need to get out of here. This road leads to a dead end. The other side of the garden has a bike parked near that banyan tree, we could get some help from there." I say and start walking towards it.

"We don't have the keyes damnit." I say as we near the bike.

"I did not remove the keys from the ignition." Punit replies

"Smart."

I remove the keys and put in inside the keyhole beneath the seat, the small storage under the seat. It opens. There is a gun inside it and an envelope. I pocket the gun and open the envelope. There is a letter which has a 10 digit number printed on it.

"Pass me a cell." I say.

"we don't have it."

"Are you serious!? Five adults and none of you'll have cell phones."

"You forgot to count yourself." Alistair says

"Well Miss Neha here took it away when she kidnapped me." I reply

"Here, Take this." Aarth says.

"Who gave you a mobile!?" I ask.

"Fia. Not the right time."

 I grunt and dial the number and put the call on speaker.

The phone keeps on ringing and when it is about to go to voicemail, he picks up.

"Hello?" I say.

"First time we met?" his rough yet soft and damn hot voice rings through the phone.

"Samrudhhi E wing." The name of my granddads old apartment building.

"First thing you told me?" he asks.

"Dude Right now is not the time to test her memory, its life or death here." Punit pipes in clearly irritated.

"Sorry, Protocols."

"Who are you, who sent you."

"Whats up? Where are you?" he asks.

"No time to explain. We need a place to hole in."

"Take down the address, Pumpkin."

As soon as I take it down, I ask

" Did you just call me pumpkin?"

"Yes Oreo cheesecake." There is a sound of a light laugh and the line disconnects. SO CHEESY.

I make a face and Out of habit I look over at Neha. Who rolls her eyes,wiggles her eyebrows and smirks.

  I throw the phone as far as I possibly can throw.  

"Can we please leave now, Oreo Cheesecake?"