|Chapter 4|Flaw in my Code|

3rd person POV

"The one thing is, to get the wings to work. I must rewire your brain" he said. A dark laugh came from his throat as the 6 ponies looked at each other with their ears pinned.

"N-now rainbow-" ah started "I'll do it!" Rainbow cut her off stepping forward with a nod.

"What!" The Others said in unison, their pupils shrinking in shock. "N-now darling think this through!" Rarity stutters. "Yeah! I know you want your wings back but he's gonna mess with your brains" pinkie said.

The dr watched them with his wide smile.
"Technically its brain not brains. I can leave you to-" he said "no! I want to do it!" Rainbow cut him off. She turned to her friends and gave them a comforting smile.

"Listen, I Know this is risky but if I don't try then I can't get my wings back. And I rather be dead than live in a world where I can't fly." Twilight stepped forward to say something but put a hoof in front of her and looked into Twilight's eyes shaking her head.

"I don't agree with it either but she has made up her mind... and we must respect that" and said setting her hoof down and smiling at rainbow.

"Yes, yes that's all very good but so much to do and so little time! Let's get you flying again!" He said gesturing towards rainbow and trotting down a hall.

They all start to follow but he stops and his horn lights up with a yucky greenish yellow magic. "Just her," he said, using his magic to stop them.

"You can wait here" he motioned to the entrance. They all gave Rainbow a sad look and gathered around her. They gathered in a group hug, "stay safe sugar cube" applejack said.

When they let go they all watched as the blue mare disappeared into the dark and the yellow magic soon wasn't visible.

"Well I guess all I can do now.... Is wait, come on girls" twilight said and they unwillingly went back to the dark entrance of the house.

-

It was late at night when they entered the castle and the early light of celestias sun could barely be seen peeking through the clouds.

The five mares were all asleep on the ground, close to each other. They all jutted awake when they heard the sound of metal growing louder.

The dr appears and looks at them before stepping to the side. Rainbow came out from the shadows with a big metal wing folded on her sides and a metal plate on her head just barely visible from under her main. Each feather was made from a thin shiny piece of metal attaching to a long one that looked like a wing bone. Rainbow looked tired and the color from her blue coat looked dull.

"So now deer try opening them for me please" the doctor's voice interrupted. Her droopy eyes looked at her friends before she nodded at him. She sat there for a moment in silence before she let out a grunt. At first nothing happened and she let out little noises as she tried. Then they slowly started to move and the metal squeaked as it rubbed against each other. Rainbow arches her back and her wings open up fully.

She let out a sigh and was shaking a bit. "Good, good. They will take some time to get used to but they should work just fine." Rainbow folded the wings before collapsing.

"You should probably take her home, I assume she is tired." He said. Aj picked her up and they made there way to the door, wanting to leave. They exit applejack and Rainbow being in the back.

Applejack looked back to see the dr with pupils like pin holes and a wide toothy grin. It made her blood run cold and she quickly went to the balloon. They took off leaving the smiling doctor behind.