15-Flowers and Scalpels

Start from the beginning

Raven nibbled on her fingernail, a bad habit that she never could seem to get rid of as her eyes roamed the room, trying to keep her anxiety from rising into a full-blown attack. Her eyes then landed on a posture on the memo board by the door. Winter Dance. Her eyes widened slightly, a thought forming in her head. Maybe she couldn't get through to Aria, but she could at least give her a night away from the house that she was being trapped in. If her mother had no idea what was going on, then she could get her to go.

Raven pulled out her phone, shooting a text to Xepher.

Raven: I need Aria's mother's phone number, get it from your mom, tell her it's for a surprise from Aria's friend.

Raven watched Xepher sneak a look at his phone. When he did, he turned and looked at her, confused. She mouthed, just do it. He simply nodded, and Raven was finally able to shake off the anxiety just a little bit. Even if it was for one night, she could give Aria freedom.

Xepher was confused as to what Raven was up to, but knowing her, it was something that could help slightly. He'd asked his mother for the number and when she had responded, she sent a winking face with the quote 'from a friend'. Xepher wanted to laugh, but he couldn't. His mother would be horrified it she knew the things that were happening to Aria. Hell, she might murder the sicko herself. Xepher had forwarded it to Raven and figured he'd have to wait until lunch to find out what it was about.

Xepher sighed, running a hand over his face as he leaned on the wall around the corner from Aria's locker, watching over her as she walked to it. He'd kept his distance, like she needed him to, but he was still watching over her. He couldn't stand the thought of staying away from her fully, it made his chest ache uncomfortably.

Today she wore blue, high-waisted jeans with a black turtleneck sweater, her hair in a messy bun, strands falling messily around her face, the necklace hanging from her neck still. He could see, even with the make-up on that she was tired. Her blue eyes that usually sparkled, were dull as she entered the code to her lock. She favored her right leg, telling him, she was hurting. The bastard was beating her more. Xepher's nostrils flared in anger, but he froze when Aria opened her locker and a rose fell out, a small notecard attached.

She was equally as shocked as he was as she leaned down to grab the items. She looked at the card, her brows scrunched together in cute confusion, then her eyes widened, and her head shot up, looking up and down the hall. What is it? He asked himself. Aria quickly shoved the flower and note back into her locker, grabbed books, and shoved it closed, turning away and heading down the hall to her next class. She hadn't even locked up the locker properly.

Xepher walked down to the locker and opened it. He smiled at the fact that her jasmine scent had even stuck to the locker. He grabbed the rose and the card, flipping it to read it.

Aria,

I'm so sorry for how I treated you. You are a beautiful and kind soul for forgiving me and letting me go. You should be cherished. Maybe one day, I could be the one to cherish you properly?

Luke.

Xepher was fuming. He attacks her, then gives her a rose and note and thinks that was okay?

"What's got you pi-what the hell?" Jax scoffed, irritated. Xepher turned to him, guessing he read the note over his shoulder.

"I want to inflict physical harm on him." Xepher said through grit teeth. Jax shook his head.

"It'll get you no where but suspended and away from your girl." He responded, patting him on the shoulder. The warning bell rang then and Xepher put the flower and note back, closing the locker properly.