Chapter 24: Back again

Sophie’s P.O.V

As the words sank in I stared at her in utter confusion, I didn’t think of the tears anymore, I barely felt them, but I still knew they were there “how can you like that?” I asked in a low voice. She smiled weakly at me wiping her eyes “different taste I guess” and with that she looked down and fumbled with her hands, letting them rub against each other.

She raised her ring-finger and looked at it smiling “I want the same things as you, you know” she said as if she had a great memory. “How do you know what I want?” I surprised myself with my little not so friendly outburst. ”I am a girl, I want what most girl dream of, marriage, house, kids, maybe even a little dog” Jessie laughed a bit to herself as if it was a funny thing having a dog.

I stared at her in confusion, then why is she living like this? This is hell, I have seen it in movies, I have experienced violence close to me, and I know that I will not be able to last in a violent relationship.

She must have sensed my distress because her eyes fell on me in a reassuring smile “please give us a chance, I can’t bare the thought of living without you, we have been looking for you for so long, I can’t lose you now” Jessie said as she teared up again and bended forward as if in pain.

It was not I physical pain. The urge to come close to her and comfort her became too much, I scooted closer so our thighs were touching. Licked my lips unsure of what my next move should be, should I run away or hug her or simply just tell her not to cry, I wanted to comfort her, but I didn’t want my comfort to give her a fake reassurance that everything is okay, because it is not.

Jessie looked up at me “I love you so much” she said. I don’t know what exactly happened but the next thing I know I am sitting on her lap straddling her while I hid my head in her neck. I crawled up in her lap, she did not force me or anything, all of this I did on my own.

And now that I was in her arms I never wanted to let go. I needed this comfort, I needed her silky breath on my hair her womanly hands rubbing my back as a comfort even though I was not the one who needed it the most, or maybe I was?

She was about to pull back but I held on tighter “don’t let go” I whispered into her neck making it sound muffled, but she must have heard because she held tighter “I will never let you go” she said leaving small kisses on my hair.

She moved her lips to my ear and let out a warm breath on my skin making me shiver in delight. “Xander and Jeremy are going insane…” my eyes widened as she said that, I moved back and looked at her in fear, “they are going insane emotionally because they miss you, we will never hurt you love” Jessie whispered in my ear.

I let out a shaky breath and hid in her neck again, “may they come over?” she asked me caressing my hair. I didn’t answer, what should I answer, he slapped her, and Jeremy just watched, and they like that lifestyle, am I ready for all of this?

“Sophie?” Jessie said louder this time and pulled my head up so that she could look me in the eyes, “They want to come apologize themselves, is that okay?” she asked in a caring voice, her voice so sweet and silky, just like your mother’s voice, I felt like a baby in a mother’s arms when Jessie held me, I felt so safe and knew that no matter what happens, then this very person will be there for me.

I nodded leaning back down to hid my face in her neck again. My fingertips followed my head and I started to draw small patterns on her neck from her neck to her chin. I studied my fingers way across her skin as if it was the most interesting thing I had ever seen.

Dark shadows hovered over us, covering us from the sunlight. I looked back followed the silhouette of a man I know very well from shoes up to his face. Xander. Beside him stood Jeremy, they both smiled weakly at me trying to seem happy but they were having a hard time.