28 - Rumors

My phone buzzed and I took my phone at the table while I left the spaghetti coiled in the pot for a while. I saw Yunho's number appeared on the screen.

"Why did he called me now? Usually he will not called me at night?" I picked up his called and bring the phone closer to my ear.

"Hello Y/N" His voice sounded happy.

"Hello. Why did you call at night?" I said curiously.

"Nothing. Your name appeared in my mind so I wanted to call you" He answered.

"Ha ha very funny" I said.

"Y/N. Actually I wanted to ask you to join for tomorrow dinner with me with other managers and staff from the other company that we're going to collaborate with" I nodded.

"So it's a yes or no?" I felt stupid at that time. He can't saw me nodding.

"Oh yes sure. At what time and where?" I asked.

"It's okay. You don't need to. I will pick you up at 8pm in front of your apartment. You just need to be ready. Oh yes! No need to be formal, just wear something casual" He said that casually.

"But..." He cut off my words as I wanted to answer him

"Be ready at 8pm okay." He hanged off the call.

"Weird Yunho..." I mumbled to myself thinking why he's behaved like that. I shook my head as I suddenly think about the spaghetti in my pan.

"Oh my gosh... My spaghetti....!!!" I quickly ran to the kitchen.

_______________________________________

Yunho called me as he already reached in front of my apartment. I dashed out from my apartment went to his car. I went inside his car taking seat beside him.

Suddenly he wanted to buckle my seatbelt. He's too close!

"You no need to do it Yunho. I can do it myself" Trying to calmed myself. He just smiled and continued to drive.

He drove me to one of restaurant in the city. We stepped out from the car and head in to the restaurant. I looks cozy and warm in the inside.

We took a sit at a square table. I curious why he took a sit at the square table not the round one.

"Yunho..." I called him in front of me but not too loud.

"Yes?" He just pretend like knowing nothing.

"Where are they now?" I asked.

"Who?" He asked casually.

"Urghhh the one you said on the phone yesterday.. Manager...staff..." My tone sounded a little bit high.

He smiled and took the menu on the table without looking to me.

"No one's going to join us. Only you and me" He said while looking at the menu.

"Then why..." I paused when he put the menu down and looked at me.

"I want to have dinner with you today. Only you..That's why I said like that yesterday" He sounded deep while looking to my eyes.

"But you should not lie to me. You can just said it straightforward to me" I tried to calm down.

"I bet you will not go if I said that. You remembered it well right you will declined my request everytime I asked you to go out" I didn't replied as he said that.

That's true. I didn't want to go out with him if it is only both of us. Unless he's with his colleague or related to business matters.

"Do you still cannot forget about him?" I shocked hearing his statement. How could he brought up the past thing?

I got up and wanted to leave but he gripped my wrist not wanting me to go.

"Please... Don't leave... Just accompanied me here and after that I will take you home" I sighed and went to my sit again.

"I'm sorry to ruin your mood. Let's talk about something else.." Yunho said.

I just smiled a little just to ease my feeling. We had just some casual talk that night. After that, he sent me home.

"Goodnight Y/N. Please dream about me" He waved to me and drove away from my apartment. I didn't get to replied back his words. I shook my head.

Yunho's word just now still playing in my mind. Why I cannot accept anyone in my life right now? Did I still missing him? I looked at the moon up in the sky.

"It's pretty" I smiled and went back in to the apartment's lobby.

_______________________________________

I had lunch with my close friends. Three of them were in the same department as me. Mingi, Wooyoung and Alice. On that day, we just had lunch in our office's cafeteria. Sometimes we went out to have lunch outside but today we felt lazy to go out so cafeteria is fine.

"Y/N. It seems you're really close with our Manager huh?" Alice teased me.

My eyes widen hearing that.

"What? No...he's just my boss and friend" I replied.

Three of them laughing as not believing me.

"Friend? Or special friend?" Wooyoung emphasised the word special.

"I think special is wrong one. How about boyfriend.. " Wooyoung and Mingi laughed and high fived each other.

I blushed because they were too loud!

"Come on boys.. Knock it off! You're both too loud" Alice stopped them.

"Sorry.. We're both just joking y'all" Mingi said but still they can't hide their smiled.

I raised up my hand as a sign it's not a big deal.

"But why you didn't want him Y/N? Everyone in here already know both of you were close" Alice asked.

"We're not closed. I just knew him before I got job in here. He helped me a lot when I got here so yeah.. Nothing more.." I sounded casual.

"It's not a problem Y/N if you're going out with him. He's tall, handsome, rich..." Wooyoung kept on listing and I quickly cut off his words.

"Nah.. It will not gonna happened" I took my juice and sip it.

"Guys guys guys..!!! Come here!" Mingi suddenly being too loud.

Wooyoung and Alice quickly bend and leaned to him looking over at Mingi's screen.

I got curious.

"You're got to be kidding me.." Alice said it surprisely

"Yahhh... Y/N. Why you didn't told us! You kept it secret from us huh?" Wooyoung looked at me and he asked with his high pitch tone

"What guys... What is it?? I didn't understand" I asked them as they kept covering their mouth like see some hot news.

Mingi showed her screen's phone onto my face and my eyes widen as I read the headline article posted in our company's chat.

"WHO POSTED THIS?!" I can't controlled my voice. People around us already stared at us.

"Shhhhhh... Heol.. Be quiet" Alice and Wooyoung put their finger on their lips as a sign for me to be quiet.

My hands shaken as I quickly got up from my sit. I quickly dashed out from the cafeteria.

"Y/N.... Waittt" The three of them quickly got up and ran to catch me up from behind.