Taehyung's Ending: Getting Back Together

After a night of contemplation, I've finally made my choice

I glance at the clock on my bedroom wall before dashing out of my house, shoes slapping against pavement as I race to the white house, taking a second to appreciate the navy blue roof that adorns it.

I ring the doorbell, panting heavily when a slightly shocked Jimin opens the door to his house. He rests his hand against the doorframe, leaning his body on it comfortably. He must have been downstairs already, as I can't imagine he would have answered so quickly if he were on the second floor.

"I assume you've come with an answer."

"Aren't you going to ask me how I know where you live?"

"Let me guess...you asked Hoseok, didn't you?"

"You're right," I confess.

"So, what's your answer?" he queries, a stray strand of silky black hair whipping with the wind.

"Jimin...I'm sorry, but I can't be with you," I bow apologetically before handing him the silver bracelet he had given me.

He pauses for a moment before sighing, "You don't have to be sorry. I figured... in your heart, it's always been him." Jimin takes back the item without objection and smiles sadly.

"I'm actually happy that you came here to tell me first. At least I got to be the first one to see you in your prom dress," he adds jokingly with a little wiggle of his eyebrows.

"Anyways, shouldn't you be at prom now? If you spend too much time here, Taehyung will be gone before you know it. Good luck, Kyung Eun. I wish you all the best."

He gives me a light push on the back, and I turned to give him a smile before rushing off to tell Taehyung how I feel.

I finally arrive and begin searching the ballroom for Taehyung. I find him standing in a corner, and when our eyes met, his blue irises light up.

"You're here," he states, seemingly shocked.

"Yup, I'm quite late, aren't I?" I chuckle worriedly.

"It's fine, I'm glad that you're here. I was worried you wouldn't be attending the prom, since it may be our last time meeting each other before we graduate..."

"About that...can you follow me for a second?" I request, leading him outside of the ballroom and to the lush school garden.

"So, what is it you want to talk about?" Taehyung questions, seemingly worried as the wind pulls at his caramel locks.

"Taehyung, I'm here to give you my answer."

"Answer? You've already made your decision?" His eyes expand, seemingly surprised at my agility.

I nod, "Do you want to know the answer?"

"I'm...not ready to hear it yet," he mutters with utmost honesty.

"You really don't want to hear my answer?"

"No, not yet..."

"Oh, well...it's such shame. I wanted to tell you that I chose you though..."

"...Wait, what did you say?" he asks, his voice suddenly picking up a tone.

"I said I chose you."

"Really?! You're not joking right! You can't take back what you said, Kyung Eun!"

"Yes, yes. I won't take back what I said," I grin, biting my cheeks to keep myself from laughing.

"Yay! This is the best prom night ever!" Taehyung hugs and spins me around with ease.

"Oh, right. I wanted to give you this, but didn't have the courage to," he admits suddenly. Placing me down on solid ground, he takes out a bracelet similar to the one Jimin gave me and slips it around my wrist.

"I won't ever let you go again, Kyung Eun,"
he says before planting a kiss on my lips.

"I won't ever let you go again, Kyung Eun,"he says before planting a kiss on my lips