The Overseas Trip

Today's the day we're flying to Japan, Tokyo

Today's the day we're flying to Japan, Tokyo. Our teacher had somehow managed to persuade the principal to let our class go overseas based on our English results.

Everyone arrived to the airport on time, and now here I sit, in a plane beside Jimin.

"You can sleep first if you're tired, I can wake you up later."

"Yah, who says I'm tired?" I ask before looking out the window, listening to my music. The clouds are so beautiful up here, and the ocean looks so vast from this viewpoint.

"What are you listening to?" Jimin queries before snatching one of my wireless earbuds and plunging it in his ear.

I really hope he cleans his ear regularly...

Jimin closes the distance between us in an attempt to view the screen, and I gulp as my heart speeds up.

"Oh! This song! It's BTS, isn't it? I must admit, you have great taste in music, but not so much in boyfriends," Jimin teases, earning a slap to the chest.

"Yeah, you're right. You're the worst "boyfriend" I've ever had," I scoff.

"Oh, really? So, that's how you think of me..." I feel guilty as his face portrays his sorrow, our once lively conversation now dead.

Meanwhile, Taehyung, who's sitting across from us, watches with displeasure.

Two long hours later, we finally reach Japan, Tokyo.

"Yah, we've rea- wait, what's this? Didn't you say that you weren't tired?" Jimin laughs, shaking my sleeping form a little. He grins from ear to ear without realising.

We soon get off the plane and leave our luggage at our designated rooms before heading to the streets of Tokyo.

"Alright, everyone! Let's meet back up here in an hour! Try not to go too far from here," the teacher explains before everyone splits up and walks around in their own groups.

"Kyung Eun! Let's go together!"

Jimin and Taehyung look at each other after they call out before approaching me at the same time.

"Oh, yeah..." I agree unsurely. So we walk shoulder to shoulder, with me in between the two.

"Oh, look! It's Takoyaki!!" I squeal.

"I've always wanted to try it, but haven't gotten the chance to."

"Wow, you really are one of a kind... Other girls would look at clothes first, but you go straight for the food," Jimin laughs quite loudly, trying to embarrass me.

"Well, yeah. I don't have much interest in clothes, unlike food," I confess before approaching the food cart. "Excuse me! I would like 6 pieces of Takoyaki please!"

"Let me pay for that" Taehyung pulls out his wallet to pay the lady, but I stop him.

"You don't need to pay for it, I can do that," I decline his offer. I open my own wallet and hand the change to the woman.

I bite into one of the moist balls and moan as it practically melts on my tongue, a salty tang stinging my lips pleasantly as I delight in the slight kelp taste that comes with it all.

"Wow, that's so yummy! Do you guys want one?"

Jimin bends down with his mouth open, pointing to the Takoyaki, "Feed me, princess."

A blush warms my cheeks as I bring the Takoyaki closer to his mouth in obedience-but I gasp when Taehyung suddenly steps between us and eats the Takoyaki from my hands.

"Yah, Kim Taehyung! Why did you cut in?!" Jimin seethes, glaring at him viciously.

"No reason," Taehyung shrugs, seemingly unbothered, but secretly glad.

"You two, don't fight! If you really want my Takoyaki, Jimin, you can have the rest."

"Forget it! You can have it!" Jimin turns away in a huff like a child, and I smile.

"I need to go look at something. You two go ahead to the assembly area," Taehyung utters at random before disappearing.

On the way back, a street vendor catches my attention with a bracelet. I approach the stand and pick it up, rolling the silver beads across my fingers and smiling at the smooth texture. I decide to buy it before realising I don't have enough money with me.

"Oh, well. Guess I can buy it next time I come..." I mumble dejectedly. Putting down the jewelry, I walk off, but Jimin, who's a small distance behind me, sees it.

He approaches the vendor and picks up the same bracelet I was observing earlier, "I'll take this. How much is it?"

As we head back to the hotel, Jimin suddenly runs up beside me and tosses the bracelet at my hands, "Here, this is for you."

I gasp at the silver jewelry in my hand, "Oh! Is this the same bracelet I saw earlier?!"

Jimin plucks the bracelet from my fingers and helps me put it around my wrist.

"Don't be touched by what I did, I just couldn't stand seeing you all depressed!" he mutters before walking ahead of me.

Despite what he says, my heart warms and I can't help but feel touched by his actions.

Maybe he's not that bad after all...