Jimin's Ending: My Answer To You

The day of the prom arrived

"Hello, Hoseok? Do you have Jimin's number?"

"Jimin's number? Don't you have it since you're his girlfriend?"

"Err...It's complicated."

"Ahh, I get it. Jimin must be playing hard to get! He doesn't give his number to girls, but...since you're his girlfriend, I'll tell you. It's XXXXXXXX"

I thank Hoseok before hanging up, proceeding to call Jimin.

"Hello? Is this Jimin?"

"Kyung Eun? How did you get my number? Wait, let me guess... Hoseok gave you my number. This guy, I told him not to give my number to any girls," he mutters from across the line.

"So, I'm just 'any girl' to you?" I frown, those words hurting more than I care to admit.

"...No. What do you call me for?" he changes the subject.

"I forgot to ask you, are you going to prom?"

"Nope, I hate that kind of stuff."

"Ahh, I see..." I mutter.

"Do you still need anything from me?" Jimin asks, seeming impatient.

"...Not really."

"Then I'm going to sleep, bye." The line goes dead, and my heart slouches in disappointment.

"I was still hoping we could see each other one last time before going to different schools...guess I won't be able to tell him how I feel," I sigh before trekking into the ballroom to an awaiting Taehyung.

"Wow, Kyung Eun. You look beautiful!" Taehyung smiles, showcasing his pearly whites. I return the smile, but my mind drifts to Jimin once more, and I can't help but feel so dejected.

"Thank you, Taehyung."

"Do you want anything to drink? I'll get it for you. Wait here for me."

I watch as Taehyung makes his way to the food and drinks corner, and I gaze at the dancing couples as I wait alone for him.

Suddenly, my arm is grabbed and I'm twisted around to face a man.

"Jimin?! What are you doing here?! I thought you said you weren't coming?" I question with shock, my heartbeat racing with adrenaline from his surprise appearance.

I receive no answer, but instead am pulled from the ballroom.

"Ahh, I surrender" Jimin messes with his silky hair a little, breath heavy as he hugs me to his solid chest, "I don't think I can let you go back in there."

"I like you, Kyung Eun."

My heart stops. I wait for someone to laugh and say, "Just kidding!" but no one does. My heart starts again, a smile tugging at my lips.

"I told myself I had to give up on you, but my heart and body just won't listen. What do I do, Kyung Eun? Tell me..." his wide black eyes gaze at me with raw emotion, plump lips parted in anticipation of my answer.

"Jimin, thank you for telling me how you really feel. I'm glad that you came all the way here, even though you had no interest in prom. I was planning on telling you my answer earlier, but you said you weren't coming to prom. Now that you're here, will you listen to what I have to say?" I ask, breath heavy with my own anxiousness.

"I like you too, Jimin. That's my answer." I place both of my hands on his jaw, and kiss him.

Our mouths part long enough for Jimin to say, "I guess prom isn't as bad as I thought," before he dives in for a second kiss.

Meanwhile, Taehyung returns with two drinks in hand to find me not where he had told me to wait for him.

"Excuse me, did you see where Kyung Eun went?" Taehyung asks a random person.

"Oh yeah, I saw her leave with some guy."

Taehyung exits the ballroom with a frown, before pausing in his steps as he comes across Jimin and me kissing.

"I see she has made her decision..." he sets his jaw before turning and leaving Jimin and me alone.

" he sets his jaw before turning and leaving Jimin and me alone