Breakup & Condition

"Let's break up

"Let's break up."

"...What did you say?"

"I said, let's break up."

The students who were walking past us stop, looking towards us with gaping mouths.

"W-why...?" I stutter, my heart clenching as if a python is coiling around it.

"You know the answer, don't you? I don't love you anymore," he replies in a monotonous voice as he leaned against the locker, refusing to meet my gaze.

"Yeah...you know what? Let's break up," I mutter, deciding to save myself from the embarrassment of reacting dramatically in front of my classmates. With clenched fists, I turn and walk away from his slouching figure.

As I walk away, I ask myself, "Why did he do this to me...?" It seems like everything inside of me is breaking as tears rush down my cheeks like a flooding river.

"Stop crying Kyung Eun...aish, that douchebag! How could he do this to you?!" Bomi yells with anger clear on her face. I had called her over as soon as I got home. It didn't take long for her to drop everything and come over to wipe the snot from my nose.

Bomi slams the table with a scowl before standing up, "I promise you will find someone a thousand times better than him, Kyung Eun!!"

"But Bomi...I still love him. I can't lose him...can't you help me think of some way to get him back?" My heart aches as if it's on a rollercoaster and I'm about to plummet. My slight nausea making me shift in my seat.

"Aish, I don't get why you're so stubborn, Kyung Eun. Just let that douchebag go already!" She scowls, lips puckered with anger.

"Please, Bomi! Help me out...please?" I beg, pouting with puppy eyes as I tug on her arm.

She sighs. "Alright! Fine. Since I'm your best friend, I'll help you out." Bomi taps her chin in thought for a moment before nodding, "Okay, first of all, you have to make him jealous!"

"Jealous? How do I do that?"

"Think about it yourself. I can only do this much."

I groan at her words. Such a great help.

The next day, I find myself buying food from the cafeteria, searching for a place to sit. As I finish handing over the change, I hear Hoseok call my name and signal for me to come over. Unfortunately, I become the center of attention and practically shrivel up like a prune when everyone begins whispering, their eyes locked on me.

I want to refuse his offer, but he comes and helps me carry my food. My head is bowed in embarrassment as we approach the blue table.

Upon reaching the table, I glance at Taehyung's friends before meeting his eyes. I feel paralyzed in his seemingly endless stare. Luckily, my phone vibrating jumps me from my paralysis.