Chapter 2

Kurt woke up with a yawn as the sunlight streams through his bedroom window. With a flash, he's in the bathroom, half-asleep, brushing his teeth. As he rinses he looks up into the mirror and is startled to find his eyes bloodshot. He gets closer, pulling his eyelid down for a better look. Kurt can think of nothing as to what could be causing this and brushes it off. He starts rinsing his face with a cloth when there's a knock at the door.

"Eingeben."

Amanda shrieks as she enters and sees Kurt hanging upside down. He merely glances her way, she's always done this.

"Shouldn't you be used to seeing me like this?"

"Well yeah but not so early in the morning!"

Amanda crosses her arms in a huff and acts as if he ruined her day. For all he knew he could of. He couldn't care less anymore, during high school he had feelings for her but they soon died out. Kurt gives a sobering sigh at these damper thoughts. He hears tapping and sees Amanda with her expression crossed, tapping her foot impatiently at him.

"What?"

"Professor X wants to see you."

Kurt raises an eyebrow in surprise at this, "Why?"

Amanda throws her hand up, "I don't know! When does he ever tell us anything?!"

She throws her hands on her hips as she storms out of the bathroom. Kurt gives another sigh as he pops on the bed and finds Amanda at his desk.

"What's wrong?"

Her face only reddens as visible tears well in her eyes. Kurt immediately runs to her side and comforts her as she sobs. Sure he may not have feelings for her, but she was still a friend. As her tears fade she pulls away from his embrace and props her chin up leaning on the desk. Now it's his turn to cross his arms.

"I can't help you unless you tell me what's wrong."

She sniffs as she huffs, "David's such a jerk."

That was boyfriend number 8 right? "Amanda, you didn't show him your powers did you?"

Amanda turns her head away not looking at him, "Amanda!"

"It's not my fault!" she gets up as she vents, "That stupid idiot did it! We were at his place when his light fixture fell from the ceiling. Right above us! I phased us so we wouldn't get hurt, but he freaks out saying I'm a freak! He was supposed to fix that thing last week! It's all his fault!"

Fresh tears well into her eyes as she vents her anger. Kurt doesn't even try to console her this time, only lets her pace her anger out. As she calms down again she plops down at the corner of his bed. Kurt walks over and grabs the tissue box with his tail handing it to her as he sits beside her pulling her close. This time only tears of anger and depression are heard as she cries at the unfairness of life. All Kurt does is pat her back and keeps the tissues handy as he silently agrees.

"Why can't we ever meet anybody who'll accept us?"

Kurt has no response as he continues to comfort her. Suddenly his cell rings, his tail reaching for it as Amanda gets up excusing herself.

"Will you be ok?" he asks as plops his cell into his hand.

Amanda gives him a tear streaked smile, "I'll be fine. Women have perfected the remedy of a broken heart since the ice cream. That might be Professor X; you better get it before he really calls."