"Three pumps of vanilla—"

   "—And extra syrup," Hayley finishes. "You have a sweet tooth, huh?"

   "Embarrassingly," Rory tucks a hair behind her ear, shaking her head as she leans against the seat. "I heard about what happened with Esther, and the...the witches. How you became a hybrid. That's awful, Hayley. I'm sorry."

   Hayley shrugs. "It comes with the territory, I guess,"

   "It sure does," Rory exhales as Klaus opens the door to the driver's side once more, looking agitated. He has a bag of Gatorade, which he hands to her as per her request. He starts the car once more, closing the door behind him. "Did you seriously have another fight with the cashier?"

   "What type of establishment doesn't have a working credit card machine?" Klaus scoffs.

   "Well, surprisingly, technology isn't going to be perfect all the time, Klaus. Maybe next time carry some cash," Rory opens her bottle of Gatorade, handing another to Hayley in the backseat.

   "What am I, a Barbarian?"

   "Well, how did you pay for these, then?" Hayley asks, gesturing towards the bottle of Gatorade.

   "I didn't. I just compelled him to let me take it," Klaus says. Rory and Hayley both stare at him with incredulous looks on their faces. "What?"

   "You dick," Rory punches his shoulder.

   "Okay, well if you really think that way then I'll return them—"

   "No!" Rory holds the drink away from him. Klaus raises his eyebrow as Rory hisses at him playfully. "You touch, you die."

   "Just as I thought," Klaus pulls out of their parking space. "Hypocrite."

   "Bitch!"

⋆。˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆

   The rest of the drive is swallowed by the Queen songs that Rory plays from her playlist, her and Hayley singing along to a few here and there. Towards the end of the journey, Klaus seems relieved to finally be pulling over in Arkansas where the safehouse is. Hayley's the first to launch herself out of the still-moving vehicle, barely giving Klaus a chance to stop before she's shooting across the yard.

   And then Rory realises why, because Rebekah is standing outside of the home and in her arms is a little baby Hope Mikaelson.

   Klaus kills the engine beside her, and he places a hand over Rory's own. She turns to meet his gaze, and he gives her a smile. "I'm glad you're here, Rory," he says quietly, sincerely. "Not many know that she still lives, so if you could—"

   "Of course," Rory says. "Klaus, you don't even have to ask. I won't tell a soul."

   "Thank you," Klaus squeezes her hand in his own. "Would you like to meet her?"

   Rory only musters a nod. Klaus gestures for her to follow after him, and the former couple clamber out of the SUV. Rory meets eyes with Rebekah first, the Original giving her a beautiful, heart-stopping smile. Rory wants to burst into tears almost immediately, because it's Rebekah. She loves Rebekah so much, and the Original always held a special place in her heart.

   Rebekah, to her surprise, instigates the hug first. The Original practically pounces on Rory, pulling her into a hug. Rory's arms curl around Rebekah's waist, nuzzling her head into the crook of Rebekah's neck. Her hand rests over her lower back, simply resting in her grip.

   "I'm so sorry," Rory whispers against the shell of Rebekah's ear. "For the cure, for running away. For everything—"

   "Don't," Rebekah interjects as she pulls away. Her hands cup Rory's face, wiping away a tear that threatens to fall from her eyes. "Don't apologise to me, Rory. You don't ever have to...you don't ever have to apologise. You deserved to be happy."