6 ° Time flies

4 years passed. Chenle 14, Jisung 13→14.

In these 4 years Chenle has become lively and open to the people around him. He was accompanied by either Jisung or Johnny or Ten all the time. But mostly Jisung as they spent most of their day together.

Ten was now frequent, in the Suh household, always playing with Chenle, whenever he visited. He grew a fondness towards the small boy. He took care of him like his own son. Johnny and Ten never let him feel the lack of his parents. Sure Chenle missed his own parents, but he never felt unloved, never for a milli second.

Other than Chenle, Ten also became more close to Johnny, there was something going on between them, anyone can tell, but neither Johnny nor Ten acknowledged it, or they didn't want to maybe.

Jisung was transferred to Chenle's school in the mean time. Chenle was held back a year as he didn't attend school after that accident for the remaining year. Now, Jisung and he were at the same grade along with Jisung sharing the same classrooms each year, with him. Jisung was his best friend, a brother figure for him, who always kept him away from bad things. But there was a little problem.

Chenle, though got sad at the memory of his parents, but also learned to compose himself to not breakdown because of it. Whenever his mind got the image of the accident he shook his head and focused on something else to not think about what happened 4 years ago because, "I shouldn't be thinking of that." he remembered what Johnny said that day.

He has also got kind of attached to the family, consisting of Jisung, Johnny and Ten. He was always loved by them. He loved them also, with his full heart, because they really helped him get over his little traumas. He wasn't fully recovered, he knows, but he was trying his best. He always told himself, "If he can be happy, I can too."

Chenle sometimes got bad dreams, for which Johnny never got the heart to change the boys' room - one night he heard yelling from the boys' room and when he got there he saw Jisung consoling the boy while hugging him like he would vanish any second. Johnny silently left. The next day Jisung talked about Chenle's  bad dreams. And Johnny talked to Chenle about not changing the room. Both boys were somehow happy.

_______

It was Jisung's birthday today and Chenle was making a present for him, writing down his thankfulness towards the boy who was always beside him, in his sadness, in his happiness, in his anger, all the time.

He won't admit but he has also grown a liking towards his 'Best Friend', in a not  friendly way . But he was afraid of it not being normal. This was the problem, and he feared it.

Jisung berged in their room and flopped down beside Chenle, wrapping his arms around the boy's torso.

"Yah I'm doing something, are you blind?" Chenle sassed.

"And what are you doing?" Jisung asked cutely.

"Making a present for your birthday, what else." Chenle said, imitating Jisung's tone.

"Thank you." Jisung rubbed his cheek against Chenle's arm.

"Why are you so clingy?" Chenle asked.

"I always just am, with you. No particular reason and there's no need to be a reason." Jisung said, smiling cutely.

"Okay." Chenle mumbled softly though his heartbeat increased.

"Boys come down, Ten is here." Johnny shouted from downstairs.

"Be there." Chenle shouted back.

"I have ears for goodness's sake Chenle." Jisung said going away from Chenle and Chenle only giggled.