We Are Found

Mulai dari awal

I can tell right away that she finds Thor attractive. 

Jane turns around and immediately takes the bowl out from where she put it. "Actually, that's not the right place for it." She places it in the sink. Then covers the sink with a towel. "I'm sorry. Can we go outside?"

Thor nods and smiles. "Yes, of course."

While Thor and Jane set up a few chairs on the roof of the glass building, I find a metal fire pit and put some logs in it, then I make sure no one is looking. I place my hand on a log and push light into my hand, heating it up until the fire lights. 

I pull my hand out and act as if nothing happened. 

Jane looks at me and smiles. "Thank you." 

I nod. "I'll leave you two alone. May I stay inside the trailer? I'll just rest my eyes a bit."

Jane nods. "Yeah, yeah. Just don't steal anything."

"I would never." I chuckle and go back inside the trailer, leaving them alone. 

I can easily sense the attraction between them, and I smile softly. I sit at the bench at the table and lay my head on my arms on the table. Thinking about Loki, I hope that he's okay without me. That he's not doing anything stupid or reckless with his new power as king.

I close my eyes, and then I easily fall asleep.

***

I'm awakened by someone gently shaking my shoulder. I look up and find Thor smiling at me. 

"How did you sleep?" Thor asks.

I sit up straight and stretch, my arms and neck popping. "I could have slept better, but that wasn't too bad for a table." 

Thor chuckles and helps me stand up. I wince and stand up slowly as Thor watches with concern. "What's wrong?"

I lift my shirt and show him the burn that is still mostly there. "Frost Giant burns are horrible."

Thor sighs. "I'm so sorry, Astrid."

"You should be, Thor." I look at him, frustrated. "You almost got us killed on Jotunheim. You were reckless and foolish."

Thor looks down at the floor. "I know. I'm sorry."

I sigh and put my shirt back down. "I'll be fine, don't worry."

We walk into the glass building, the sun shining through beautifully. 

Jane looks at me and sighs. "I can't have you wear those clothes again. You seem to be similar to me in size, so you can put on some of my clothes." She leads me into a room that has normal walls, no one able to really see me. 

I nod and smile. "Thank you, Jane."

Jane hands me a pair of pants and a simple purple blouse. Without closing the door, I take off my clothes, leaving only my bra and underwear on. A young woman sitting at a table in the other room seems to watch me as I put on the clothes Jane has given me. 

I come out and sit at a small round table with Selvig and the young woman who may be just a couple years younger than Jane. 

I smile to this woman. "Hello, my name is Astrid, I'm a friend of Thor." 

The woman smiles tiredly. "Why are you guys so ripped?"

I chuckle. "What do you mean?"

"Come on, lift up your shirt."

Shrugging, I do so. 

"Holy shit! Jane, look! She's shredded! Wait, what's that?" The woman points to the burn. 

Jane looks at my abs and burn, and I shrug. "I've trained hard my whole life. And that is a very bad burn..." I trail off.

"Geez, are you two in the military?" the woman asks.

I shake my head and drop my shirt. "No, not like that. By the way, I didn't get your name."

"Oh, I'm Darcy." She shakes my hand.

I watch as Selvig drops something into his glass of water. Darcy holds a cup of dark liquid. Jane and Thor help each other make us all breakfast. 

Thor brings over two plates with eggs and toast on them, placing one in front of Darcy, and one in front of Erik. 

"Thank you." Erik and Darcy say to Thor. 

"You're very welcome." Thor smiles and nods. He goes back to the food, then brings me back a plate. 

I smile to Thor, then I start eating, not realizing just how hungry I was. 

Once we're all done eating, Thor and I help clean the dishes, wanting to pitch in for their hospitality toward two complete strangers.

"Thor, are you doing okay?" I ask.

"Well, Jane certainly makes things a bit nicer." Thor smiles softly.

I smile. "You know she likes you, right?" 

Thor shakes his head. "No, never. She's too --" He looks at me. "You think so?"

"I know so."

Suddenly there's a loud tapping on glass, and I look to our left. 

"Found you!"

Hogun, Volstagg, Sif and Fandral stand at the front doors, all of them smiling and waving to us.