We Are Found

The car stops at the end of a road and I get out. The driver doesn't say a word, so I just walk away from the car, heading toward a small looking house on wheels. Phil had said it was a trailer that a woman named Jane was staying in. 

The so called 'trailer' was just outside a larger building that is almost entirely just windows.

I walk to the little trailer and gently knock on the door. A young woman, quite beautiful, opens the door and looks at me. She has intelligent eyes, as if she's stared at the stars her whole life.

"Who are you?" she asks.

"My name is Astrid. Are you Jane Foster?" I ask.

"I am, why? Are you with SHIELD?"

I shake my head. "I do not have a shield, no."

"Not a shield. Are you with the secret organization called SHIELD?" Jane says. 

"Oh, oh. No, I am not. I've never heard of them. No, I'm here for my friend, Thor. Have you seen him?" I ask.

"What makes you think he'd be here?" She's dodging my question.

"I've been asking everyone in town, no one knows who he is. You're the last place I can look before leaving this town."

She looks around, then pulls me inside, closing the door behind me. 

This trailer is as small as it looks on the outside. To my left is a bed, with a window at the head. There's also a small refrigerator. To my right is a table with a bench built into the trailer.

"This home looks comfortable." I compliment the trailer. 

"It's tiny." Is all Jane says in response. She looks at me and frowns. "You said your friends with Thor, right?" 

I nod. "Indeed, I've basically grown up with him."

Suddenly, there's a rumble as someone knocks on the door. The trailer kind of shakes at the contact. Jane and I turn toward the door and she opens it, gasping. 

"Oh, my God. Is he okay?" Jane asks.

I look out and see Thor holding an unconscious man. The man that had called Thor 'Donny'. Phil said his name was Erik Selvig.

"He's fine. Not injured at all." Thor chuckles as he climbs into the trailer. He turns and hits Erik's head on the door, making Erik groan. "I'm sorry, my friend."

"What happened?" 

"We drank, we fought, he made his ancestors proud."

Jane sighs and motions to the side. "Put him on the bed."

Thor begins to gently remove Erik from his shoulder, and Selvig sees Jane and I for a moment, giving us a drunken smile. Thor then chuckles and Erik laughs as he lays his head on a pillow. 

"I still don't think you're the God of Thunder." Erik laughs. "But you ought to be."

I look at Thor, then Jane, who looks at me like she's tired and confused.

Thor turns around and starts toward the door, and Jane and I follow. Thor then turns toward Jane and looks around.

"Are these your chambers?" Thor asks.

"Uh, it's more of a temporary living situation." She looks to the side and starts frantically putting things away. "I'm sorry. I don't usually have guests. Actually, um, I never have guests." Jane shoves a bowl of half eaten food and a box of food into a cupboard, then turns toward us, smiling nervously.