The Beginning

A/N: Here we go! I hope you guys love Astrid as much as you do Alexx. Enjoy!

Thanos has me on my knees, and I feel just as bad as I look, if not worse. Blood is leaking from my forehead and right eyebrow, where one of Thanos' goons had attacked me with a...trident? Spear?

I'm not sure what it is, I can't count the prongs since it hit me. My vision is blurry, but I know where Loki is. And I'm pretty sure that bitch that hit me is aiming for him next.

Thanos' hand, the one free of the gauntlet, is resting atop my head, the only thing keeping me upright, his fingers ready to squeeze. Surely, he could destroy my head the way I can an apple. Especially with the Infinity Gauntlet enhancing his abilities.

Loki is desperately trying to plan his next move. I can hear his thoughts as he tries to speak to me, his loving voice in my head.

"Loki...I'm fine. Don't worry about me. Just don't give him what he wants." I think.

"But he'll kill you." Loki pushes back.

"I'm not sure I'll survive, even if he does show mercy." A tear escapes my eye.

Thanos tightens his grip on my head and I gasp in pain. He presses the gauntlet against my temple, his hand in a fist. The stone in the gauntlet begins to glow, and a sharp pain pierces my head like an arrow. I scream out in pain, unable to quiet myself.

I don't want it all to end here. I can't...

I...

...

Wait. Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait.

We need to back up, this is way too far ahead. You need to know about everything that led up to this point.

10 years ago...

I pull on my coronation day dress, picked out by Frigga. It's the most gorgeous shade of purple, and fits me well. I carefully secure the lacy cape around my shoulders and smile.

"You look beautiful, Astrid."

I look up and see Frigga walking in. "Thank you. I feel like a princess."

"You are a princess, darling. We raised you as our daughter, you are family." She steps toward me, just barely inches away from me. "And a princess deserves a king." Frigga raises her hands and places them on my cheeks.

"Ma'am?" I look at her with confusion.

She then pulls me into a gentle hug. "I love you, Astrid. You have done so much for Asgard, especially Loki. Please keep him close, he likes you." Frigga smiles.

I blush. "I will, I promise."

Frigga backs up. "Now, I must go check Odin." She leaves with a smile, standing tall.

I do the same, heading in the opposite direction, going toward the hall that leads to the throne room.

Loki is already in here, and I watch him as I approach.

I look at Loki as I enter the hall leading to the throne room, large bowls of fire in the middle of the walkway, lining the floor.

"You look ravishing, Astrid." Loki smiles his beautiful toothy grin.

"You look stunning yourself, Loki." I look at the horned helmet on his head. "I've always liked this helmet." I gently nudge him with my elbow. "Where's Thor?"