Chapter 6: The Legend

Stella's heart galloped when she saw that Xavier was holding the hand of the beautiful woman that was talking to her earlier. She knew that she cannot compete with her. Not with her looks and certainly not with her identity who was a tourist here.

She will be gone from here soon enough.

She felt her face was heated up when she was entering the café she knew Sam would be there. She was looking around before Sam was waving at her. Stella smiled before she went to the counter to order her food as Sam was smirking at her.

"Well, look who's come back for more. I knew The Special Brunch was something else," Sam said before Stella smiled weakly at her. Instantly, Sam knew what was playing on her mind. And they just met 2 days ago but Stella felt like she has known that woman for years.

"Oh no, what happens now?" Sam asked her before Stella shook her head. She doesn't want to think about a certain man with grey orbs and brunette hair. All she wanted to do right now was to be buried in misery.

But of course, this was not the right join to drown oneself in cups. So, Stella will have to improvise with the brunch then.

"I don't... I don't want to talk about it," she said before Sam nodded then asked her to get the same meal as before. Stella shook her head before she asked Sam to recommend something else.

"I got you," she said before Sam went into the kitchen, leaving Stella to her own, deep and monstrous thoughts about Xavier and the grey-eyed woman.

*****

Sam reached out to Xavier as she was furious to see the woman that she just started to know and like was suffering because of his insensitive issue with humans. Sam clicked her tongue before she was trying to connect through the mind link with Xavier. Instantly, he opened up.

'What the hell did you do to her?!' Sam shouted in the mind link, knowing that the Beta would be wincing as she just shouted at him with full force. She can sense that Xavier sighed through his mouth.

'I don't know what you're talking about, Sam,' he said as Sam was rolling her eyes before she was smiling at the cook and took the food for Stella outside.

'Oh, stop with the dumb act. You know it never works with me. With my brother, sure, but this time, I know you knew that I was talking about the woman that you seriously bailed your eyes out until you cannot breathe,' Sam said before she was taking a glass of the water. She filled it with lemonade, today's special.

Stella deserved to be treated like the queen she was. Sam just hoped Xavier saw that before it was too late.

'Where is she?' Xavier asked before Sam was blocking her mind, not wanting him to find Stella here. After all, he needed to be taught a lesson. But of course, there was something else brushing through her mind just for a moment.

But she caught it and it was much more than she anticipated.

It was not Xavier, for it was foreign to her and nothing like she ever felt before.

'Samantha...' the calling of her name was sensual, husky even. She shivered before she shielded herself as she made her way to Stella and tried to forget the next thing that came through her mind link.

A whisper that sounded like... 'Mine'.

*****

After the meal and the lemonade that Sam brought out for her, Stella felt energized as she was looking around the small town that was the town square. It was 3 PM or so as Sam was off her shift and she was walking beside Stella.