Chapter 4: The Courage

Stella got back to her room as soon as the sunlight was dying on the horizon, leaving streaks of red, yellow, and gold on it as she was looking through her window. She smiled before she was looking at the brunch that was hardly been eaten by Xavier. Then, she remembered the number that she received from Sam.

Stella bit her lips as she was tapping the piece of paper right now. She wanted to call and maybe talk to him but she did not feel right about it. She was tipping the scales of being a good person that would have to ask for the number of its owner by herself, not by people that she knew was his friend.

Stella moaned before she dropped her head on the table.

What am I even doing here? She mused before she was looking at the number again. It was only the second day that she was in Cyprus and already, she was having all these messy feelings that she wanted to get out of.

To push it on someone that might likely she would never see him again.

Stella straightened up before she was taking the paper and looked at it. Would she dare? Would she be able to talk to him even after that disastrous date when Xavier just suddenly went away from her?

"What am I truly doing here? I thought I was supposed to be having a good moment here," she mumbled before she went to get some of the brunches that Sam insisted she has to eat before it went cold. And it has been 30 minutes sitting at room temperature.

Stella bet it was already cold.

But she ate it anyway, not wanting to waste such good food that she wanted to think about her date with the man that was all mysterious, the brunette hair and grey eyes that seemed to get to know her deeply.

Through her soul.

Stella sighed before she was scooping some of the meat and ate it while watching the sun setting on the horizon, thinking of a man that would likely meet her again.

*****

Xavier has just finished with his house and he was trying to finish it off before he met his true mate. But he already met her today and what's worse, he was nowhere finished with the house that was supposed to be theirs later on.

"You seem tensed," Arthur said as Xavier was hauling the log before dumping it in the front yard. The house was standing on the pillars before the logs that made up the walls were installed. He turned around to look at the Gamma before he was arching his eyebrow.

"And I don't see that you have been busy enough to train our warriors," Xavier said before he went to take the water bottle and drank it in seconds. Arthur shrugged at him before he was dipping his hands into the pockets of his pants.

"Well, I have... another engagement to be thinking about," he said as he was looking out far into the forest. Xavier can see that he was troubled but Arthur rarely showed anyone his emotions. So, why tonight, and why him?

"Do you want to tell me something, Gamma?" he asked like the Beta that he was. Arthur turned to look at him, weighing the question before he shook his head and sighed.

"No, nothing is about the pack. Maybe, I wanted to talk to you like a man to another man," he said before Xavier was blinking his eyes at him.

Was Arthur trying to ask for... advice? From him?

"What's troubling you?" Xavier asked before Arthur turned to look at him. He did not know what the Gamma wanted to tell him or maybe ask something from him. But all Xavier knew was that he knew the look of a man who was lost in his thoughts.

Much like his own.

"Well, I don't know if I should be telling you to think but how do you make someone like you?" Arthur said before he was taking a deep breath and turned to look at the night sky.