Chapter 13: The Agreement

Xavier was looking at Stella as she walked into the house as was gaping at everything. His mother was arching her eyebrow before she was brushing her mind linked with him.

'Is this what you want, my son? It doesn't have to be the person that was meant for you in the agreement that your father struck up within Italy,' his mother said before Xavier was pointing her at Stella's neck.

'Why don't you check it out for yourself? But I am sure that you already know that,' he joked before her expression told him otherwise. Xavier remembered that his mother was arranged to marry his father and they never had been true mates of one.

That was just a sad story for her, Xavier thought before he was telling his mother what happened last night.

'Now that was good news, son! Will she stay here then?' she asked innocently before it hit Xavier hard. He forgot that Stella will be leaving tomorrow and he did not ask her if she wanted to be here with him.

'We'll talk about it,' he said to his mother before she was arching her eyebrow at him as Stella was smiling at them.

"You guys have a lovely home. I would love to spend my time here forever," she said before his mother was approaching Stella with interest.

"Have you been thinking of moving here then?" She asked Stella before his woman eyed him. She smiled before she was holding his mother's hands for support.

"Well, I have been thinking about it and I don't think I want it so bad after last night," she confessed to his mother but Xavier could hear it with his super-sensitive hearing. He smiled as he turned to look the other way.

'That's right. You will have to stay with us, my love, for you are ours,' his wolf purred before his mother heard it. He forgot to shield his thoughts from her just yet.

Damn it!

"Well, you certainly can do it if you want to. I think Xavier would be happy to hear it," his mother said before Stella's blue orbs shone.

"Really?" she asked her before she was turning to look at him. He could feel her stare at him.

"My son is simple. If you stay, he will be the happiest man alive," his mother jested before she was pulling Stella into the kitchen to get something to drink and Stella turned to smile at Xavier as they went. He followed before he smiled back at her with all his emotions.

Yes, his mother would be right. He would be the happiest man alive if she chose to stay.

*****

"How long will we get there?" Mrs. Canali asked her driver as she was looking around the small town that was the place that her daughter, Stella, would want to visit. She did not get why her daughter would love to be here. But perhaps it was the spirit of hers that was so much like her father was the cause of this.

"We're here, madam," the driver said before they stopped in front of the opening to the tight community that only a few outsiders know, including her.

"Let me talk to the guards," she said as the driver rolled down her window and the guard was looking at her. She smiled before she was talking in Greek as it was the native tongue of her late husband, Stella's father.

"I am here to collect my daughter. She was known to be at the late Beta's house and I wanted her to come back home. This is the agreement with the Beta that I had to show me safe passage," she said before the guards were looking at the letter that Mrs. Canali got from the agreement.

Stella has to come home and she had to marry this boy of the late Beta. They have agreed as much.

"Let her in," the guard said before the driver was driving into the community in the direction that was going to the Beta's house.